Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:16 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,691,424 times

Advertisements

According to KETV, Townsend has announced that if they secure these next few reservations, Construction of the Tower will start very soon, its finally happening!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 09:46 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,281,211 times
not yet! the story's a good sign, but don't count your eggs before they've started laying steel girders. most likely while doing the story on the twin towers they interviewed WallStreet and they of course had to give optimistic views in order to encourage sales, so for all we know, they haven't sold one in several months.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:58 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,775 times
Whats up with the twin towers? Are they finally going to update them or tear them down?

never mind, found the other thread

Old 01-29-2009, 11:41 AM

61 posts, read 183,322 times
I think they need to cool it down with the condos, unnecassary to build so many so fast.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:11 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,619,529 times
What does it matter to you how many condos are built?

They need to keep building up anywhere in the inner city they can. It's far more sustainable.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:21 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,558,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.JEFFY View Post
I think they need to cool it down with the condos, unnecassary to build so many so fast.
Why?

First, the builder believes the market will demand this (as well does their lender)... so best of luck

Second, this has been an unused building for quite awhile and that just leads to crime/lower property values/drives away business/etc/etc...

Third, by their investing in the building it counteracts alot of the things noted in the second point...

Fourth, more people in the inner-core helps support the inner-core (downtown/midtown urban area)...

Fifth, its a lot cheaper to have new housing in a downtown highrise (no new infrastructure required by the city) than it is for that same volume of housing in a new subdivision...

Sixth, the construction/rennovation keeps our construction companies vibrant during this part of the economic downturn - buy local - keep jobs local.

There really is no down side from the cities economic development perspective... the worst thing that would happen is the builder bet wrong on the need, long term he doesn't make a go of it, he goes bankrupt and the building ends up vacant... guess what - its vacant now, so at least there is a better looking vacant property and some investment occured to get it to that point which has the trickle down effect from an economic perspective.

Yes - if taken to an extreme too many properties in the inventory can lead to a negative thing; however, that's not the case with this one building.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:42 PM

482 posts, read 1,332,039 times
I think that they have been saying that they are nearing that magical 50% mark since they anounced the project. This thing should have been about done now. I would not put to much faith on this one.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:39 PM

193 posts, read 656,704 times
I believe in November(ish) they said they needed 7-8 more sales to make it to 50%. Maybe they've picked up a few and are closer to that number? They said they are expected to begin construction this spring. I still believe that could happen. If nothing occurs as of then, I'll start to wonder if this project will ever happen.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:34 PM

906 posts, read 1,811,026 times
I just went the sales center today, and 14 out of 90 units have been sold. This is 15%, nowhere near 50%.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,873 times
The Wall Street Tower Omaha sounds Fantastic!
My friends and I are so excited for the construction to finally take place!
My suggestion for the whole money $ issue....
Cut the building in half.. so that the length, height will still be the same!
In other words cut it in half so that the new wallstreet tower will still be as tall as planned,
But just not as wide!?!
Whos with me ?!
Another tall building would be great for the Omaha skyline!
My father, is very excited to see it.. as well as I !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha