Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 02:22 PM

17 posts, read 39,701 times

Advertisements

I saw on the World Herald website that just south of Shadow Lake Towne Center they are going to build new apartments and shops. I cant figure out how to post the website but if you search on google, I'm sure that you will find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 02:25 PM

Here's the article...... Shadow Lake project has dwellings, shops - Omaha.com

This is very exciting

Old 05-31-2011, 11:51 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,542,911 times
shadow lake is cool

sucks there is no city bus service down to shadow lake area of the metro area

Old 06-03-2011, 11:33 PM

624 posts, read 1,309,145 times
This is exciting. It's good to know that there will be an urban sector in Papillion, however, I'm skeptical that it will work well being in the middle of a suburban environment. Unless tenants want to be restricted to the Shadow Lake area, (which isn't all that practical) they'll still need to own a car, because, being in a suburb, any other mode of transportation is going to be bad or non existent. If the development doesn't work, that will be the reason why. If you have to own a car, might as well not live somewhere that has restricted parking and minimal automobile access. If Papillion thinks they can support it, great, I hope it works, but I'd rather see Omaha completely fill in its core first.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:41 AM

817 posts, read 1,769,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
This is exciting. It's good to know that there will be an urban sector in Papillion, however, I'm skeptical that it will work well being in the middle of a suburban environment. Unless tenants want to be restricted to the Shadow Lake area, (which isn't all that practical) they'll still need to own a car, because, being in a suburb, any other mode of transportation is going to be bad or non existent. If the development doesn't work, that will be the reason why. If you have to own a car, might as well not live somewhere that has restricted parking and minimal automobile access. If Papillion thinks they can support it, great, I hope it works, but I'd rather see Omaha completely fill in its core first.
I don't know. I frequent that area by bicycle often so saying they will NEED to own a car is a stretch. And I live to the east of the South Omaha CBD and yet I can get my fat rear there in just 45 minutes, just think of what a stringbean could do.

Though you are right it is more of a suburban environment, but perhaps this is the start of an urban core in that area? I know the Shadow Lake Towne Center has more of an urban feeling, despite the overabundance of parking and no mixed use development. One can hope I guess.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:31 PM

624 posts, read 1,309,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
I don't know. I frequent that area by bicycle often so saying they will NEED to own a car is a stretch. And I live to the east of the South Omaha CBD and yet I can get my fat rear there in just 45 minutes, just think of what a stringbean could do.

Though you are right it is more of a suburban environment, but perhaps this is the start of an urban core in that area? I know the Shadow Lake Towne Center has more of an urban feeling, despite the overabundance of parking and no mixed use development. One can hope I guess.
To be fair, living where you do, you probably have a much more open mind than the people of the Papillion area. Yeah, especially since you have no problem biking to Shadow Lake. But hopefully the Papillion area citizens prove my assumption about them wrong, and this area will become it's own urban core!

Old 06-16-2011, 05:54 PM

30 posts, read 103,381 times
The addition of apartments is very exciting. It finally makes this a mixed use enviroment. I feel the economy has put a hold on a lot of the residential development near the mall. The renderings look awesome too, they fit perfectly with the rest of Shadow Lake. My only gripe is the amount of unused space between Shadow Lake Towne Center and the new Shadow Lake Square. There will be a parking lot, a road, a big empty patch, and another road before you even get to the back side of Dicks Sporting Goods, then you have another parking lot to walk through before you are at the actual town center portion of Shadow Lake (which is the cool looking part). I really hope they have ground level indoor parking for the dwellers or at the very least put all of the apartment parking behind the building. I hope RED will build some retail behind dicks to mask the rear of that building and give the whole development a more cohesive feel. They probably will. If there's any developer that can pull funding for projects whether the demand be there or not its RED. They are responsible for the P&L district in KC, South Point in Lincoln, Mid Town Crossing, and Shadow Lake. All of which are performing less than expected, but are freakin fantastic developments none the less.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:00 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,188,540 times
RED is not responsible for the P&L District. That is a Cordish project. RED is responsible for the Legends Outlets in KC.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:18 PM

why didn't PacSun build their store in shadow lake like they were going to???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha