Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 02:14 AM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photostic View Post
What are you talking about? The guy just wants advice about Omaha. Stop trying to be an internet detective lol.
Alwayzright posted this in another thread 3 days after he started this one.

"Where and what are the best apartments in Longview? I know its not Dallas or Austin but hows the single life here? Fun things to do, nightlife, woman? Took a job and would be moving down from Omaha. What else can you tell me about this town?"

So unless he moved from Des Moines to Omaha for 3 days then planned to move from Omaha to Dallas he has something fishy going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 04:07 PM

817 posts, read 1,769,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photostic View Post
What are you talking about? The guy just wants advice about Omaha. Stop trying to be an internet detective lol.
It's called I don't like dishonesty. At this point I have no idea where he REALLY lives or IF he has any intentions on moving here. Nor am I sure I want him to move here if he is going to lie to gather his information. As of now I have to call into question anything he (or she) has or will say.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:59 AM

59 posts, read 181,232 times
Geeze people, ive been living in omaha temporarily and have the option ofo working permanantly in one of the two places...lighten up.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:33 AM

41 posts, read 121,400 times
Geez, sorry all these people have jumped down your throat! As someone who lived in Omaha most of her life, and now lives in Des Moines, I would say Omaha is definitely superior. I'm not single, but I just think there's so much more to do in Omaha.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:12 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
I would say you'd easily get by living in Midtown or Downtown. It's the suburbs that are boring, family related. You'll find exaqctly what you want in the older parts of the city.
some folks prefer boring suburban life instead of crowded, noisy areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
Geeze people, ive been living in omaha temporarily and have the option ofo working permanantly in one of the two places...lighten up.
Don't hold it against us that he apparently has nothing better to do than examine your posting record. Omaha's a decent place to live. The taxes are a bit high...but it's not bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: