Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Mmx Mmx started this thread

5 posts, read 19,826 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to Omaha area soon and looked at Pattsmouth. In really liked the town but was concerned about the steepness of the streets in the town. How is it when it's covered in snow or ice? I just can't imagine drivingb those streets covered in a sheet of ice. That's the only thing that is keeping us from looking for houses there...I'm just worried about driving through town during the winter. Anyone who lives there....has this ever been am issue or problem? There was one street i drove up and I thought my van was going to roll backwards it was so steep. Oter than that though I'd really love to learn more about this town so I'd anyone has any advice on my concern and any info on the town itself? We are a young active family with small children ages 7 and under.... Thanks in advance for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Mmx Mmx started this thread

5 posts, read 19,826 times
Sorry for all the spelling errors...I'm on my phone....

Old 02-25-2012, 08:47 PM

817 posts, read 1,770,669 times
Where will you be working (city). If it's in Pattsmouth then just get a 4 wheel drive vehicle and drive slow in bad weather. If you're working in Omaha, why not live closer to the city? You would save gas, time, and wear on your vehicle.

I know people who live in Pattsmouth and they never complain about the hills so I don't think they will be of much concern. One even drives a huge suv and never has problems.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:02 PM

116 posts, read 282,036 times
Dont' move to Plattsmouth unless you like meth.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,659 times
Reply for future reference:

My family moved to Plattsmouth from the Bellevue/Papillion area, and we love it! While both of those suburbs are great, we wanted a small town environment, without being too far from the city...and Plattsmouth is exactly that!

Plattsmouth has a rich history, and works hard to preserve historical integrity. Our local conservancy is amazing...and offers several events throughout the year, such as: home & garden tours, art in the yard, motorcycles on main, victorian christmas, and much more! Naturally, we have many beautiful historic homes.

Beaver lake (just south of town) and Buccaneer Bay (just north), also Copper Dollar Cove (just west) are nice, "newer" divisions, each with a private or semi private lake. Beaver Lake & Bucaneer Bay also have golf courses.

Our historic main street is lovely, boasting a new upscale ladies boutique & also a new sports bar adjacent to the renovated Fitzgerald hotel.

Along with plenty of small town charm, there are plenty of places to eat, like KFC/Taco Bell/Subway/DQ/Pizza Hut/Godfathers/Chinese...as well as the quaint Riverhouse Soda Fountain, Mom's Cafe, and the Chocolate Mousse... We have tanning, a couple of grocery stores, a new Hy-Vee coming, Dollar General, and ShopKo (replacing Pamida)

We also have an amazing Community center/gym, and small water park.

All of this, is 10-15 minutes to Bellevue/Offutt/Papillion area. And you can get anywhere in Omaha from here with in 30-45 minutes.

Whether you are talking about housing, restraunts, entertainment, ect... there really is something to suit everyone.

As far as the hills in the winter time.... it depends on your car. 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive is common around here, and is nice to have, but the majority get along fine without it. There are a few vechicles that have trouble (like town & country's) getting up snowy hills. But most vehicles do fine, and I think they do a good job around here plowing streets.

Ignore the meth comment. Yes, you have the occassional loser around here, but you are going to have that everywhere, even in ritzy neighborhoods! This area is very safe, troubled meth-heads are only going to find you if you are looking for them.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:40 PM

80 posts, read 191,434 times
Default please explain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaha View Post
Dont' move to Plattsmouth unless you like meth.
Can you please explain your statement, give reasons etc?
Those of us who are entertaining the idea of moving there would appreciate it.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:20 PM

147 posts, read 259,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonandBranka View Post
Can you please explain your statement, give reasons etc?
Those of us who are entertaining the idea of moving there would appreciate it.
Plattsmouth is known as the armpit of Council Bluffs, which is the armpit of Omaha. They've got their famous King Korn Karnival, which is nothing more than a slightly veiled KKK convention. The town is full of low-end rednecks. All the bad things about a small town with none of the good things.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:29 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,692,949 times
Please ignore our resident troll. Plattsmouth really is a lovely community with a nice small town feel and great access to Omaha. I've always enjoyed my visits there.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:03 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,761,737 times
I wouldnt live there. Its pretty low-rent kinda people in my opinion.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:55 PM

147 posts, read 259,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
Please ignore our resident troll. Plattsmouth really is a lovely community with a nice small town feel and great access to Omaha. I've always enjoyed my visits there.
So because you don't like what I write, which is completely true, you call me a troll?

Why don't you just admit that you don't like what I write?

And in your VAST experience of VISITING Plattsmouth, you've formed a nice opinion of the town. Good for you. You obviously haven't been there very often, or for very long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha