Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2008, 03:20 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,719,504 times

Advertisements

I have a good friend who lived on that street. My first trip out to Omaha. I had never felt humidity before, or at least like that. The house was so hot, I walked outside. He pulls me back in and says don't go outside at night, it might be dangerous. I thought where in the heck am I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 03:28 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,690,476 times
North Omaha, Omaha's "ghetto"

Old 07-12-2008, 09:42 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,546,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
North Omaha, Omaha's "ghetto"
one youre stereotyping North O

two, binney street is one block noth of Maple street

(there is binney street out in west Omaha

does that mean west omaha is a "ghetto"

Old 07-12-2008, 09:55 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,690,476 times
its between Benson and Dundee, I looked it up.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:09 AM

226 posts, read 1,008,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
one youre stereotyping North O

two, binney street is one block noth of Maple street

(there is binney street out in west Omaha

does that mean west omaha is a "ghetto"
Exactly... In fact most streets of "North Omaha" extend into West Omaha so the reference to Binney being in the "ghetto" is inaccurate...

Old 07-12-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
its between Benson and Dundee, I looked it up.
And no Binney goes east of Dundee im sure of and it and it probably might stop going west at Benson but picks back up going further West just like Davenport does a few times...

Old 07-12-2008, 01:36 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,719,504 times
The street was near the airport. Maybe like a 5-15 minute drive away? it's been 12 years. My friend did attend North High. He told me it took about 5-10 min. driving away from home until he felt completely comfortable. The second time I went there I took the train out from CA. I got into Omaha at night, he was there to pick me up. When it was time to go back to CA, I left during the day. So I got to look at what that part of town looked like during the day. I was glad he was there to pick me up, I wouldn't have liked being stranded there at night. What part of Omaha is that?

Old 07-12-2008, 04:48 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,557,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
The street was near the airport. Maybe like a 5-15 minute drive away? it's been 12 years. My friend did attend North High. He told me it took about 5-10 min. driving away from home until he felt completely comfortable. The second time I went there I took the train out from CA. I got into Omaha at night, he was there to pick me up. When it was time to go back to CA, I left during the day. So I got to look at what that part of town looked like during the day. I was glad he was there to pick me up, I wouldn't have liked being stranded there at night. What part of Omaha is that?
Northeast Omaha: See attached picture from MapQuest... I circled the general area that would be 10-15 minutes from airport. If you see Locust on the map that comes straight west from the bottom of the airport - then Binney is just 2 blocks North of it...

Anyone know where Binney St. is?-binney.bmp

This is within the higher crime area of Omaha that people refer to as "North O".

Old 07-13-2008, 06:13 PM

its not really that bad... My wifes grandmother lives off of 16th and Pinkney and I have been over there plenty of times to visit and have never had a problem... It may be the worst of Omaha but its not on the same level as the worst of Chicago or the worst of Detroit. In fact I even have a friend who lives in the Spencer street projects and have never had a problem over there either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha