Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:09 AM

516 posts, read 1,338,852 times

Advertisements

I think that the thread monitors need to realize that political discussion on a local board is much more relevant than our puny voices participating in a national forum.

Keep the Omaha political threads open on the Omaha board!! Quit moving us to national! Act locally! If nobody were interested they would not participate, yet these boards have tons of responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 07:50 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,072,317 times
so far most of the political discussions have been about national issues.

I don't know that they'd close the thread if you wanted to talk about the Mayor's race.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:45 AM

605 posts, read 1,199,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy From Cali View Post
I think that the thread monitors need to realize that political discussion on a local board is much more relevant than our puny voices participating in a national forum.

Keep the Omaha political threads open on the Omaha board!! Quit moving us to national! Act locally! If nobody were interested they would not participate, yet these boards have tons of responses.

I agree! On the national forums they someone had a thread about opeing one for gay issues. I think the Nebraska and Omaha forum could use a gay forum, too! As I spread the word amongst the gay community about fighting for our rights, more will come.

Pride on the Prairie!!!!!

Old 11-26-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
so far most of the political discussions have been about national issues.

I don't know that they'd close the thread if you wanted to talk about the Mayor's race.

No, they have about how these issues effect Nebraska and Omaha, specifically.

A thread about gays nationwide would go in the national forum. a thread about gays in nebraska, and how nationwide events in the gay community effect nebraska would go in the nebraska forum.

I think it is funny as hell how you kdrich just can't wait to remove the gay point of view from nebraska and omaha forums.! Gay are here in Omaha, in Nebraska, all over the plains states! Get used to it!!!

Old 11-26-2008, 08:53 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,898,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
I agree! On the national forums they someone had a thread about opeing one for gay issues. I think the Nebraska and Omaha forum could use a gay forum, too! As I spread the word amongst the gay community about fighting for our rights, more will come.

Pride on the Prairie!!!!!
Go away

Old 11-26-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Go away

I will not. But I think my gay threads have changed the Nebraska and Omaha forums forever. These threads are discussed even if I'm not posting. People get to discuss issues from and about the gay perspective. We are not invisible.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:07 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,898,864 times
Quote:
I will not. But I think my gay threads have changed the Nebraska and Omaha forums forever. These threads are discussed even if I'm not posting. People get to discuss issues from and about the gay perspective. We are not invisible.
That still doesn't change the fact that you are a troll.

Maybe some of us are bigots, however, you seem to be a severe narcissists and self proclaimed gay Malcolm X.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:21 AM

695 posts, read 1,378,104 times
Quote:
Honestly buddy, what has happened is that virtually everybody is just sick of you. You hijack every discussion and turn it into some ridiculous gay thing.

The problem is not that you're gay. The problem is that you're relentlessly obnoxious.

And you think that this is a step in the right direction for gays?

Old 11-26-2008, 09:37 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
Honestly buddy, what has happened is that virtually everybody is just sick of you. You hijack every discussion and turn it into some ridiculous gay thing.

The problem is not that you're gay. The problem is that you're relentlessly obnoxious.

And you think that this is a step in the right direction for gays?
I agree.

His militant attitude is really putting people off, regardless of their feelings on gays.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
That still doesn't change the fact that you are a troll.

Maybe some of us are bigots, however, you seem to be a severe narcissists and self proclaimed gay Malcolm X.
Well, being from omaha, maybe I'm a gay ernie chambers. But I do like the sound of a gay malcom x. The gay commmunity nationwide needs one and we need one now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha