Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 07:59 PM

246 posts, read 1,247,893 times

Advertisements

I've heard that the best suburbs to live in for safety (low crime), good schools and affordable housing are Papillion & Bellevue...any truth to this??...My husband has a interview this week and we're trying to do as much research as possible just in case. Thank you for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2006, 03:18 PM

1 posts, read 10,141 times
There is some truth to it! All of Papillion is fine, but parts of Bellevue are pretty sketchy just like any other city. The school systems are good in both cities and housing is just as affordable as anywhere else in Omaha.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:11 PM

2 posts, read 14,924 times
Actually Omaha is the best place to live if you are moving to Omaha. I live near 20th and Spencer and I love it. Close to downtown and plenty of fun things to do. Good luck with your husband's job interview.

Max

Old 08-12-2006, 03:51 AM

22 posts, read 116,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_webster
Actually Omaha is the best place to live if you are moving to Omaha. I live near 20th and Spencer and I love it. Close to downtown and plenty of fun things to do. Good luck with your husband's job interview.

Max
Dont listen to this guy. 20th spencer is drug and gang related territory. If this guy lives there im suprised he hasnt hocked his pc for crack!
anyway, bellevue, Lavista, Millard and council bluffs IA are all great areas to live in. if you like city but a touch of rural try looking in the 36th St and Hwy 370 area in the Sarpy county part of Omaha. Stay away from North Omaha. North of Dodge St between like 60th and 1st streets. thats a general idea. anywhere west is nice. The closer to Downtown and North like I said the worse the neighborhood. also Parts of south Omaha are going downhill quickly between 29th and 36th and "Q" st are the "projects" Low income housing. lots of gang related activity.
There is a large hispanic community in the southeast part of town where I grew up 13th & Martha - 36th "Q"
anyway feel free to email me if ya need more indepth info.
hope this helps!
Cougie
Hope this helps!

Old 08-24-2006, 03:42 PM

246 posts, read 1,247,893 times
(((hee!, hee!)
Thanks Cougie!

Nice to see that at least I'm getting the correct information from you & SSpeaslee!!!.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:27 PM

6 posts, read 36,483 times
hello cougie, do you know something about Norfolk, NE. please I appreciate your information. thanks a lot.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 10,138 times
Hello, ...
I have nothing to do with this. But I was looking something about harvard, NE. since I was a Student Exchange There during 1988 and I wanted to take a look at it.
sorry if my english is not so proper but I´ve lost some of it.

I could say that Nebraska is a great state to live! and the people is so nice. That´s what i experienced.
greetings from chile.
Caroll.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:04 PM

7 posts, read 57,776 times
I lived in Omaha, and personally I would move right to Omaha if I were you and not the "suburbs" (they don't really call them suburbs, but technically they are). Omaha is great---just stay away from North & South Omaha. If you can afford it I'd tell you to live in the Dundee/Happy Hallow area. Beautiful houses, close to Elmwood Park and great, small bars in Midtown. If you have kids, the better schools are out west (Millard area). Well, that's what I hear anyways, I'm only 24 so that's not one of my main focuses!

Old 12-03-2006, 09:13 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,360,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carito View Post
Hello, ...
I have nothing to do with this. But I was looking something about harvard, NE. since I was a Student Exchange There during 1988 and I wanted to take a look at it.
sorry if my english is not so proper but I´ve lost some of it.

I could say that Nebraska is a great state to live! and the people is so nice. That´s what i experienced.
greetings from chile.
Caroll.
Carito,
I can't tell you anything about Harvard, NE except to mention that if you do a web search using Google, Yahoo, etc. you will see several related links to tell about the town.

Off topic comment: I am glad that you had a good experience as an exchange student in Nebraska. I spent my last year of high school in Vina del Mar, Chile as an exchange student in 1971, and it was a great experience. Chile is a fantastic place with wonderful people that few places in the world can compare with. Please send me a private message in english or spanish if you would like to communicate more. Cheers.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:09 PM

15 posts, read 84,328 times
We live in papillion. There are parts of Bellevue that are lovely, new and nicely developed, but Papillion is newer and nicer. Papillion has better schools in my opinion, but we no longer use them because we home school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha