Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:36 AM

704 posts, read 1,872,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
You're kidding, right?

Do note the person who made that comment is a brand new poster, and this is the only post they've ever made. Hmmm, I wonder if they are somehow associated w/ that organization?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 08:41 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
Do note the person who made that comment is a brand new poster, and this is the only post they've ever made. Hmmm, I wonder if they are somehow associated w/ that organization?
Probably Quenton Pfitzer himself...

Old 12-29-2009, 09:07 PM

7 posts, read 50,213 times
Default huh?

no im just a normal person

Old 10-05-2010, 06:36 PM

2 posts, read 8,883 times
A kid just stopped by my house today. I bought from the kid he seemed nice enough. $8.00 is a little much for candy or beef jerky. I was also curious and did my research after the fact. Too bad if my hard earned money doesn't actually go to a foundation or someone that needs it. Never know in this world today the kid could have just been scoping out my house and is going to come back tonight and rob me and stab me in the back like that pizza delivery guy. You just never know.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:49 PM

262 posts, read 1,026,096 times
This is going to sound harsh, but I have no idea why people freely give donations to charities they are clueless about. If it's that hard to say no, then don't answer the door. My policy is for donations is to set aside the money for causes I believe in and then donate directly to them. I'm not persuaded by spur-of-the-moment beggars. People who just can't say no are the reason that companies like this can exist.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:38 AM

696 posts, read 1,726,781 times
OmhaCitzin post was their first post.

If youth for tomorrow has their 501c (ira charity filing) then they are legit,
maybe just not preferred.

My sons school has them collecting for American Heart Assoc and they get "prizes"
based of how much they collect.
From what I understand Youth for Tomorrow gives the kids a cut and uses the rest for
admin cost like any other charity.

My feeling is if they showed up with a $2 candy bar for $8
I just rather give the kid $5 cash and tell him to keep it or not donate at all.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:52 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,077,522 times
One thing I always do before I deal with a business that I'm "iffy" about, is check it through the BBB online- usually people will complain or something if there's a problem- I checked on their site, and the charity is located on Dodge here in Omaha. It said that there have been no complaints within the last 36 months, that BBB has requested info from them and not received it, and that they are not a member of BBB....so...?

Old 10-10-2010, 07:14 PM

2 posts, read 8,883 times
OK, it was my first post. Is there something wrong with that? Does that make my statement or opinion any less of yours?

Old 10-11-2010, 07:40 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,921 times
I've had them stop by my house a few times. The first time I was being nice (I guess) and dug up the spare change I had. Pennies and all, I figured if this dude was scamming me, he's going to spend the rest of the evening with $7.50 in change jingling in his pocket.

So I took the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Later that evening I saw the same package of Reeses for $1.00 at the store. Then it occured to me that this dude might have just went to that store, stocked up on $1.00 candy and is walking around selling the candy at a 650% profit.

So. . It just seems kind of ghetto, or like a rip off. That initial $7.50 in pennies or nickles or whatever I had is all I'm going to be able to give to that one.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 AM

7 posts, read 50,213 times
wow your people have problems...These kids are out here trying to make some money and do something with themselves and alot of you people dont give a damn about them. Atleaset there working and knocking on your front door besides trying to rob your house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha