Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 02:12 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000;13925001
[B
several antiques stores are on Leavenowrth street[/b]

Oh Dear God!! Not antique stores! What next? An interior design firm? Or God forbid a ..... a ...... fabric store

what is next, do we need to make a neighborhood for people who are into polygamy?
Wouldn't that be Utah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 02:34 PM

109 posts, read 257,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Who started the thread? One could certainly make the argument that perhaps this thread shouldn't be here if the OP has a problem with people asking questions. I'm not interested in fighting or calling anyone names. I haven't even voiced an opinion good or bad about the subjects of homosexuality. But is this the proper place to discuss a "District" for it, and if it is, why are people offended at people asking questions?
The problem is that the OP does not want to have questions asked of his ideas. If you do not agree with his ideas, he will call you a bigot, and then the name calling begins. Just look up the past posts. The OP does not want a discussion. I have no problem with homosexuality, or a gay district. What I have a problem with are Surf's tactics and name calling.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:21 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
On a more serious note. Why do people take the thread wayy off topic?
You must be new here.

Surf is pretty much beyond help and wants no serious discussion. He just wants to be a PITA. Even some of his fellow gays are sick of his act.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:36 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
lol...sounds like an interesting guy.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:36 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,666,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You must be new here.

Surf is pretty much beyond help and wants no serious discussion. He just wants to be a PITA. Even some of his fellow gays are sick of his act.
Yeah. His shtick isn't about gay rights, or even about being gay. It's all about attention.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:05 PM

9 posts, read 11,328 times
on a serious note.....one of my bestest friends is a complete fruit cake and he could give a hoot about any of these kinda ideas like schools and districts and parades and marriage....he has better things to think about....and a life to live.....

Old 04-27-2010, 07:28 PM

605 posts, read 1,198,446 times
Interesting how you guys accuse me of name calling, this is my first post in 3 pages of the thread and I am being called all kinds of names. I find it very sad, that in 2010, the mere mention of a gay district anywhere in the Omaha Metro is still offensive to people who claim to not be bigoted. Very interesting....

I think Benson is a nice area, and like the Leavenworth area downtown it does have a respectable population of gays. We are everywhere you know. Anti-gay types, beware, the gays have a finally arrived! We are of gay, always.....

Old 04-27-2010, 07:52 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Interesting how you guys accuse me of name calling, this is my first post in 3 pages of the thread and I am being called all kinds of names.
You were called exactly one name. Nut job, and that's not particularly malicious. Beyond that, you have people discussing the time I called you out on the Zio's bull****, which can be backed up with facts, and lots of questions about your motivations for the things you do here, which given your track record is entirely justified.

Quote:
I find it very sad, that in 2010, the mere mention of a gay district anywhere in the Omaha Metro is still offensive to people who claim to not be bigoted. Very interesting...
Sorry, you don't get to play that card with me anymore. I've personally supported your cause (ask DTO, he'll tell you) and I've made many posts on this forum supporting gay rights. The simple fact of the matter is that tried to kick sand in everyone's face last year and now no one likes you and will give you the time of day.

I warned you that this would happen. You didn't listen. Now you've got to deal with it.

Quote:
I think Benson is a nice area
I agree. It's a great area. When I get back to Omaha and buy a house sometime down the line, it'll likely be in Benson.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Yeah, he's kind of a nut-job. Wasn't he claiming, about a year ago, that he had personally closed down Zio's Pizza?

Once again not true. I never said I closed down Zio's. And stay on topic. This thread has nothing to do with Zio's, its about a Gay District in Benson.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Yeah, and it was me that called him on the fact that Zio's had simply moved, a plan which had been on the table for sometime. Funny how he disappeared for awhile after that.

*basks in glory*
You too, Bosco. Stay on topic, this isn't a thread about Zio's. And I NEVER said I closed down Zio's/ This thread is about a Gay District in Benson, deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha