Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 03:37 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,195,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
No they don't, and this is a stupid argument.
Calvinists post isn't well thought out, with that I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 03:42 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
No they don't, and this is a stupid argument.
It's a stupid argument in your opinion.

That said, would I be right in assuming you are in favor of polygamy?

Old 05-03-2010, 04:16 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,690,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post

When you assume....

Old 05-03-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
When you assume....
Actually it's a very fair question that everyone who has posted in this thread should answer.

If marriage is going to be broadened out to all consenting adults, who love each other and want to be married, it would seem to me that people would also be in favor of legalizing polygamy.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:35 PM

109 posts, read 257,166 times
Homosexuality is a legal behavior condoned, no longer prosecuted in the United States. Polygamy is an illegal activity in which you will be prosecuted with a crime if you take part in such behavior. If the country will condone the behavior, 50 years ago it was not acceptable to be gay in most of America but now most people do not want to charge someone with a crime for being gay, then I have no problem allowing gay people to get married by the State (a religious institution can do whatever they please when it comes to defining marriage). If in 50 years public attitude toward polygamy changes and it is acceptable to be in that type of relationship, I have no problem allowing polygamous marriages (personally I don't think this will happen but who knows.). People may not like it but our social norms have changed throughout history and our laws have changed to reflect these new social norms.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:40 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Mine, and just about everyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together.

Quote:
Provided the participants are of legal age, I really couldn't care less. There are some legit concerns that would have to be addressed (like children) but beyond that, let em have at it.

Besides, a man having multiple wives is probably more punishment than the government could give him.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:40 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Sigmund Freud might be totally baffled at the idea of a Gay district, making the argumentative claim that we were all born bisexual. No black, no white, only grey. Argue if you wish!

Gay marriage? The lawyers are running scared, all over the world today, the idea of marriage having lost its appetite for the more intelligent segment of the world population. And the lawyers now have a new sucker group that will help sustain their livelihood.

I can just see it now, Gay marriage approved, first divorce hits the paper:

Unsuspecting, older, wealthy Gay man, in heated divorce settlement with much younger, good-looking man. Older, weathy Gay man claims the young man isn't even Gay, only a Gold digger, taking advantage of Gay marriage, he met at an Omaha Gay bar one night. He suspects, all along, he's been syphoning money from him to support his ex-wife and 3 kids or channeling the money into an off-shore bank account. Younger man says: I had sex with him every day of our marriage, and you're telling me I'm not Gay!

Believe me, there are any number of more intelligent Gay people lobbying hard in our state legislatues to make sure Gay marriage never becomes a reality.
And any number of them may be taking it even furthur: ban all marriage, imprison all violators!

Old 05-04-2010, 01:50 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,510,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Sigmund Freud might be totally baffled at the idea of a Gay district, making the argumentative claim that we were all born bisexual. No black, no white, only grey. Argue if you wish!

Gay marriage? The lawyers are running scared, all over the world today, the idea of marriage having lost its appetite for the more intelligent segment of the world population. And the lawyers now have a new sucker group that will help sustain their livelihood.

I can just see it now, Gay marriage approved, first divorce hits the paper:

Unsuspecting, older, wealthy Gay man, in heated divorce settlement with much younger, good-looking man. Older, weathy Gay man claims the young man isn't even Gay, only a Gold digger, taking advantage of Gay marriage, he met at an Omaha Gay bar one night. He suspects, all along, he's been syphoning money from him to support his ex-wife and 3 kids or channeling the money into an off-shore bank account. Younger man says: I had sex with him every day of our marriage, and you're telling me I'm not Gay!

Believe me, there are any number of more intelligent Gay people lobbying hard in our state legislatues to make sure Gay marriage never becomes a reality.
And any number of them may be taking it even furthur: ban all marriage, imprison all violators!
Now you're just being goofy.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:51 AM

21 posts, read 83,471 times
I still don't understand why people keep putting Ploygamy and Gay marriage in the same breathe. Gay marriage is about marrying the ONE you love. We are not joining with three, four, or more people, just like a straight couple is not. These two arguements are not the same, to say they are is ridiculous.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chugga Chugga Choo Choo View Post
I still don't understand why people keep putting Ploygamy and Gay marriage in the same breathe. Gay marriage is about marrying the ONE you love. We are not joining with three, four, or more people, just like a straight couple is not. These two arguements are not the same, to say they are is ridiculous.
No, that's really not true at all.

It's all about the right to marry the person you love, correct? What's the difference if that person is of the same sex? Or from the same family? Or there is more than one? Or of a different race?

It's about the right to marry the person you love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha