Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 06:28 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times

Advertisements

Man I get sick of this crap! Gang-bangers shooting each other, then going to the hospital for what is TAXPAYER FUNDED HEALTH CARE, then refusing to talk about what they were involved in and who shot them.

This punk - Akeem Jones - will continue to be curse to society, commit crimes and shoot people until he is incarcerated for the rest of his life, or is killed.

I say it can't happen soon enough!

Shooting victim keeps mouth shut - Omaha.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 10:17 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,316 times
I say if you are a shooting victim, you automatically get a lie detector test and are locked up for 5 years unless you talk.

Most of these guys don't talk, because they intend to go take care of the shooter themselves. That's BS. If you don't want to talk, we assume you plan on seeking revenge, so to prevent that, 5 years in jail for you. Or you can talk and we can arrest the person and put them in jail.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:15 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
It's similar to when the mob would run things. If 2 families were feuding there would be murder....but they wouldn't talk to the cops about it. They knew if they did they were in more trouble.

Difference is, these guys are amateurs in comparison to them.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
I say if you are a shooting victim, you automatically get a lie detector test and are locked up for 5 years unless you talk.

Most of these guys don't talk, because they intend to go take care of the shooter themselves. That's BS. If you don't want to talk, we assume you plan on seeking revenge, so to prevent that, 5 years in jail for you. Or you can talk and we can arrest the person and put them in jail.
I'm thinking of the shooting that took place by the Wakonda School - on about 48th & Curtis - about a month ago.

2 guys sitting on the front porch. A guy runs up on the sidewalk, opens fire on them - missing them with all 10 shots - and runs off. Both guys claim they have absolutely no idea who was shooting at them. Unbelievable! Buncha stinkin' liars!

Old 05-27-2010, 11:22 AM

704 posts, read 1,872,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post

Wow... God Bless America...?

Old 05-27-2010, 11:50 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,618,557 times
An emergency isn't a place for politics. If the medics on staff had problems with unwed mothers should they stop every woman that comes in to deliver whether the child was born out of wedlock, and if so they should deny her care because they disagree with her situation? Absolutely not. It shouldn't be different for anyone coming into an emergency room for any situation.

To me it sounds like you're in favor of rationing care and even in favor of death panels since you think medical staff should decide who gets care and who should die based on how they came to be in the emergency room.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
An emergency isn't a place for politics. If the medics on staff had problems with unwed mothers should they stop every woman that comes in to deliver whether the child was born out of wedlock, and if so they should deny her care because they disagree with her situation? Absolutely not. It shouldn't be different for anyone coming into an emergency room for any situation.

To me it sounds like you're in favor of rationing care and even in favor of death panels since you think medical staff should decide who gets care and who should die based on how they came to be in the emergency room.
I should clarify. ... . .After they are treated.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post

Wrong.

I'm sick and tired of these stinking idiot gang-bangers polluting North Omaha with their worthless behavior.

If they want to fight and kill each other, fine. Let them do it. Society would be better off without them! But why does taxpayer money have to be wasted on them? Why do innocent people have to get caught in the cross-fire between these stinking morons? We're paying them to destroy whole neighborhoods. Enough already!

Let them kill themselves off, and leave the rest of us alone.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:08 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,618,557 times
That's still wrong. It's not a hospitals place to interject or determine people's care based on any kind of status or situation. That is called discrimination. Plain and simple, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Especially now if healthcare is to be funded by the government, the government HAS to always err on the side of non-discrimination. Trying to enforce your personal morality in an amoral medical federal institution is not going to put anyone any closer to solving the real problems that arise from crime and gangs. It's a knee jerk reaction based on personal prejudice and emotion.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Wrong.

I'm sick and tired of these stinking idiot gang-bangers polluting North Omaha with their worthless behavior.

If they want to fight and kill each other, fine. Let them do it. Society would be better off without them! But why does taxpayer money have to be wasted on them? Why do innocent people have to get caught in the cross-fire between these stinking morons? We're paying them to destroy whole neighborhoods. Enough already!

Let them kill themselves off, and leave the rest of us alone.
All the more reason to treat them! Patch the soilders up and send em' back into battle. Let them take a few more out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha