Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2010, 11:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,341 times

Advertisements

i moved here a month ago and living in at a friends place
in newport beach ,looking to buy a house in orange or Malibu or Beverly hills.need some help i came from a small
town and i am am okay looking and and honest,financially lets say i have no worries.am i wrong or is the most important thing here is what you drive and your house and how many things you have,when i talked to women some basically ask some really weird question , like what kind of car you have and do you own a house etc,i try to act like i have not much and then it turns them right off,trying to find someone interested in me ,not what i have. do you think its a good idea to rent for a while instead of buying a home, and if i buy, were a good place that has decent people
i guess i was hoping for people to meet that like you for who you are and not what you have,besides my few friends who are kind.the last thing i want is to get a lady
who is not decent and kind sorry if my demeanor was
harsh but i had no luck with most of the women i met in orange and some other locations while here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 12:40 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisallitis View Post
i moved here a month ago and living in at a friends place
in newport beach ,looking to buy a house in orange or Malibu or Beverly hills.need some help i came from a small
town and i am am okay looking and and honest,financially lets say i have no worries.am i wrong or is the most important thing here is what you drive and your house and how many things you have,when i talked to women some basically ask some really weird question , like what kind of car you have and do you own a house etc,i try to act like i have not much and then it turns them right off,trying to find someone interested in me ,not what i have. do you think its a good idea to rent for a while instead of buying a home, and if i buy, were a good place that has decent people
i guess i was hoping for people to meet that like you for who you are and not what you have,besides my few friends who are kind.the last thing i want is to get a lady
who is not decent and kind sorry if my demeanor was
harsh but i had no luck with most of the women i met in orange and some other locations while here
Rent while prices drop
Newport is a materalistic place so you get what you pay for

Old 11-26-2010, 01:42 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,207 times
You are complaining how superficial women are yet you insist on looking for real estate in Orange County, Malibu, and Beverly Hills? Ummmmm yeah ok! Dude if you want to meet down to earth women who don't care about the size of your wallet live in a normal area of California and not some bubble. Although many areas of California are filled with superficial, money hungry women. OC isn't that bad but it's not the best place to be single. I think San Diego is a much better choice.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
for some reason I am not buying the posters story. I think he is just having a really fun time on the net and anxious to see what kind of responses he gets..

Nita

Old 11-26-2010, 08:06 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,260,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
for some reason I am not buying the posters story. I think he is just having a really fun time on the net and anxious to see what kind of responses he gets..

Nita
^^What she said.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:54 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,626,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
Agreed. Something's not right when you have enough money to buy a house in Malibu or Beverly Hills but yet cannot put together a simple English sentence. I smell a rat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County