Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2010, 08:37 AM

26 posts, read 83,444 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from Ventura County to be closer to my grown kids. I come from a safe, family area that was great for raising kids. I'm looking for safe area where I can go out at night, come in by myself & not get all freaked out! I love charming neighborhoods, downtown areas (like Orange). I've never been to Brea. What's it like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 10:53 AM

224 posts, read 956,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueBeeM View Post
I'm moving from Ventura County to be closer to my grown kids. I come from a safe, family area that was great for raising kids. I'm looking for safe area where I can go out at night, come in by myself & not get all freaked out! I love charming neighborhoods, downtown areas (like Orange). I've never been to Brea. What's it like?
If you want to drive south a bit more...I have a like new 2BR/2Bath condo for rent in Laguna Woods Village....a gated senior community. You must be at least 55. PM me if you are interested.

Laguna Woods Village Southern California Retirement Community

Old 01-06-2010, 11:39 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,482,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueBeeM View Post
Brea would be absoultely OK for you. I don't know about 55+ communities per se, but there are all sorts of safe, charming neighborhoods in that city. Come check it out. You also would also have a chance to be next to good shopping in many cases if that is your thing.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:28 AM

26 posts, read 83,444 times
Thx for offer of 55+ place, but I'm not ready for that lifestyle yet...maybe in 10yrs or so! I'm looking for a regular, safe neighborhood with a cozy feel (like downtown Orange), some nightlife close by (like Phoenix Club, etc), where I can feel safe & have fun. I'll be driving between Pomona, Long Beach, & Irvine so would like someplace rather central. Any areas with German population left???!

Old 01-08-2010, 10:44 AM

560 posts, read 1,714,536 times
Brea is great. Nice, clean, safe community. My one complaint about Brea is that every Brea cop I have ever encountered has been a complete jackass. Many Brea residents I know have this same complaint. There are also some pretty stuck-up people in Brea. But other than that it is a good community to live in.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:22 PM

4 posts, read 19,250 times
Brea is a very safe community. You will definitely be able to go out at night, granted you use some common sense and just be aware of your surroundings. The mall is great, not about to become a dead mall anytime soon, very popular place to hang for those who live in North OC. Imperial Hwy is the main road, and is very congested as people travel between the 5 and 57 freeways through La Habra, which does not have a freeway that runs through it. Downtown Brea is a nice place to visit as well. Lots of places to eat good food, have a cup of coffee, and pretty much you can find just about every store in Brea that exists except for Costco and Sam's Club, which are located in neighboring cities. Lots of great places to go on walks for exercise if that's your thing. You will have a very comfortable life in Brea. What place doesn't have cops who are a**holes and where people aren't stuck up? Go for Brea you won't regret the life you'll have there

Old 01-14-2011, 11:23 PM

4 posts, read 19,250 times
Also, if you like a city that keeps up with appearances, Brea does well, taking care of grafitti and making sure roads are smooth and kept up.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:41 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Bonner View Post
If you want to drive south a bit more...I have a like new 2BR/2Bath condo for rent in Laguna Woods Village....a gated senior community.
Eeek. The OP is too young for that place! (My aunt and uncle live there.) Brea will be fine. It has a lot more to do now than it did several years ago, it's safe and it's affordable.

Oops. It looks as if the OP has already moved to Brea. //www.city-data.com/forum/orang...l#post13731175

Last edited by CA4Now; 01-15-2011 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: added last line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County