Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 10:54 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,882 times

Advertisements

i am european,live in Temecula.My son would like to go to university high school Irvine in september 2011.From all high schools in Irvine and Orange county he exactly picked this one.I was warned,it is a very high academic high school,but he has great grades.

How far away is the high schol from the beach?How high is the price of houses in the neighborhood?buy (4 bedrooms) and also for rent?

do you know a good real estate agent?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 11:55 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,225,450 times
Uni, as I think it's still called is about 20-30 minutes from the coast. Of the high schools in Irvine, I agree Uni is the most academically challenging.

Can't really speak about the real estate market.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:00 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Recent sales for 4BR, SFR range from $585K to over $4M in that general area:

Real Estate Search | Redfin

Old 02-06-2011, 07:04 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,489,057 times
If your son is up for the challenge, don't worry about the personal academics of the school. Just remember that it is a rat race. The kids with the top grades at UNI dedicate their entire high school career into getting into a top American university, and are competitive. In north Orange County we have Whitney High School and Oxford Academy - which both actually get more students into top colleges than Uni, and probably have a similar environment. When I say competitive I don't mean to infer that they will go out and ruin each other's projects. Instead, it means, that they push themselves to their limits - many attending Saturday school/prep courses. Not all kids at these schools are like this, but I assure you that a good amount are (whether it be their choice or more parental pressure is up to discussion.) This isn't necessarily a bad thing either =)

Why does your son want to attend this school in particular? Does he like the area, have friends there, or think that it will help him get into a top American university?

Old 02-06-2011, 11:48 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,882 times
thanks for all the answers.

rudyod..because of the orchestra...he plays different instruments and would not go to a high school with no orchestra....only if i find alternative options...like youth orchestra and so on...plus tennis...

but i was today with him in Irvine.He did not like it.He likes more rural,not so much town and we live in a quiet,nice place in Temecula.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:24 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,766,781 times
Maybe check out Rolling Hills or Rancho Palos Verdes? Semi-rural, but within LA and highly rated schools.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:32 PM

257 posts, read 946,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
i am european,live in Temecula.My son would like to go to university high school Irvine in september 2011.From all high schools in Irvine and Orange county he exactly picked this one.I was warned,it is a very high academic high school,but he has great grades.

How far away is the high schol from the beach?How high is the price of houses in the neighborhood?buy (4 bedrooms) and also for rent?

do you know a good real estate agent?

thanks
We live in the Uni High district in a beautiful 3 bedroom Townhouse style apartment with an attached two car garage and large patio. The rent is $2735.

We are in the process of buying a home and I have been very pleased with our agent. If you would like his name and contact info, feel free to PM me.

Another highly rated high school in Irvine is Northwood High School. It is a gorgeous high school in a pictureque setting. There is alot of new construction nearby if that interests you. I know nothing of their orchestra though. There do have a large Performing Arts Theatre I saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County