Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 02:51 AM

39 posts, read 73,605 times

Advertisements

My best friend and I are moving with our children together in April. We will be in the area from March 18 - March 23 to look for a place and jobs. We do have quite a bit saved for the cost of moving and atleast 2-3 months to live off if no jobs right away. My daughter will start Kinder. this coming year and I would like to have her in a year round school to make things easier on our children visiting family and such. (We're only coming from about 300 miles in Az) The schools need to be atleast decent and neighborhood relatively safe. We would like a 3-4 bedroom home but apt is okay too. We can spend up to $1500/mo for rent (possibly more but $1500 to be safe). We're open to anywhere in LA or Orange County area but would like to stay as close to the coast as possible. Is it possible to find what we're looking for and if so, where? Thank you for any and all help!

Suggestions we have so far:
Huntington Beach
Anaheim
Fullerton
West Hollywood
Glendale
Garden Grove

If anyone can be more specific with what parts of these, that would also be helpful...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 12:03 PM

590 posts, read 1,249,420 times
West Hollywood no for sure...single area mostly...

Glendale not bad..

knowing of course that both of the above areas are far from the coast..

3-4 bedrooms on 1500 a month might be tuf..

what is your work experience?? jobs are harder to get these days..and choosing the hours etc that work well for your family are usually an issue...

not sure about year round schools...

good luck

Old 02-02-2012, 12:18 PM

22 posts, read 24,533 times
We are in the same situation more or less. We have 2 girls 13 & 5 and planning to move. I read a lot about the area and where to live as a family and many people and forums tell about Irvine and Floral Park as a good places with really good schools.
Check both in case. Hope this help. Good luck

Old 02-02-2012, 01:57 PM

590 posts, read 1,249,420 times
Where will u or hubby work? That will determine where u should live. Good luck

Old 02-02-2012, 07:11 PM

575 posts, read 1,778,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarigotay View Post
We are in the same situation more or less. We have 2 girls 13 & 5 and planning to move. I read a lot about the area and where to live as a family and many people and forums tell about Irvine and Floral Park as a good places with really good schools.
Check both in case. Hope this help. Good luck
Yes, Irvine is definitely known for top rated schools. But OP is looking for a 3-4 bedroom house for $1,500 a month... not happening in Irvine.

I think we could be much more helpful if we knew where you would be working. That would narrow things down a lot. Or are you planning on finding a place to live and signing a lease BEFORE you secure employment? I would strongly caution against that.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:49 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times
$1500 can get you a 2bd apt within the Los Alamitos Unified School District area. Very safe. Weaver Elementary School is year round(only one in district, only one I know of.. not a big trend around here)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County