Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 06:37 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,651,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwblue View Post
How about a neighbor that thinks a lot of junk neatly organized in her driveway is not an eyesore?
That kind of neighbor should be living 30 miles south of you..!
The only place junk should be neatly organized is in a junk yard.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurserosie View Post
sorry..there is NO way to neatly organize junk in one's driveway..it is still junk

personally I love having an HOA...when one adds up the monthly rates for pool service, gardening,,plus roof repairs and replacement,,and painting the entire exterior..etc etc...a good HOA pays for itself..

not to mention as I have...how gorgeous the place looks when one drives in thru the guarded gate..daily landscape work..lawns mowed..pools serviced...plants replanted

gotta say tho..have never understood the "limited hours one can keep their garage doors open" rule...only in Irvine many years ago did the HOA nazis get after us for that..ironically our garages were all on a common alleyway and were not visible anyway...you can be sure my tool obessed hubby ignored that rule..

but...compared to 18 vehicles,,boats rvs etc in these small driveways or lawns..and I will always say HOAs are better...
I live in a gated community, and they allow the garage doors only open when you are entering or exiting the garage. That is because 90% of all people have so much junk in their garage, no one wants to look at it.
I have a four car garage and often leave it open for an example of how a garage should look. My garage is as neat as a pin, and nothing but vehicles are allowed inside. It's for parking cars, not storing junk..!

Old 07-20-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyGuyOC View Post
Sure. On the down side as more and more of your neighbors DEFAULT on their payments the more YOUR fees are increased to cover the shortage. How about special assessments when something really major breaks down? Do you like flying an American flag on your front porch? Then you better hope your HOA authorizes it, because many actually don't! BTW, how big is your lot? I bet you can hear your neighbors when they sneeze or pass wind. You can probably forget about working in your garage with the door up.

The fact is HOA's have as many cons as they have pros, perhaps even more.
You are repeating old wives tales. HOA's are not what the uninformed think. You shouldn't listen to false rumors. People love to say bad things about HOA's. Most are not true.
Don't bother repeating all the rumors you have heard, I've heard them all, and most are made up..

Old 07-20-2012, 08:46 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,512,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
You are repeating old wives tales. HOA's are not what the uninformed think. You shouldn't listen to false rumors. People love to say bad things about HOA's. Most are not true.
Don't bother repeating all the rumors you have heard, I've heard them all, and most are made up..
I personally know people who have gotten hefty special assessments. Don't pretend it doesn't happen.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:10 PM

590 posts, read 1,251,803 times
We just sold a condo we bought in 99. Only once. Once. Did we get a special assessment. And it wasn't much.

Good hoa bod are responsible for keeping the reserves up. Owners that don't pay their monthly dues have a lien on in 45 days

Or. Could be we bought into a resort area with reasonable honest homeowners. Who care about their properties.

Just wondering.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:20 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,512,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurserosie View Post
We just sold a condo we bought in 99. Only once. Once. Did we get a special assessment. And it wasn't much.

Good hoa bod are responsible for keeping the reserves up. Owners that don't pay their monthly dues have a lien on in 45 days

Or. Could be we bought into a resort area with reasonable honest homeowners. Who care about their properties.

Just wondering.
You think someone who isn't paying their mortgage or property taxes gives a damn about the HOA dues?

Old 07-21-2012, 01:11 AM

590 posts, read 1,251,803 times
All I am saying is that in 13 years this never happened in our development of 365 homes.

We never had a special assessment for lack of others not paying their dues.
Sure some went into foreclosure. But it never cost me a dime

All I am saying.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:05 AM

16,806 posts, read 40,029,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The reason is because in general, it is more aesthetically pleasing to not see the contents of a closet (or a toilet bowl with the lid up)
Water isn't aesthetically pleasing? COVER LAKE MISSION VIEJO!!! COVER THE OCEAN!!!

Let's face it, you're an anal engineer, I'm not. We're both where we belong.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:13 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,909,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Water isn't aesthetically pleasing? COVER LAKE MISSION VIEJO!!! COVER THE OCEAN!!!

Let's face it, you're an anal engineer, I'm not. We're both where we belong.
That's what I wrote dozens of posts ago. Here we are on post 68 or so.

Everybody has different preferences of what they enjoy looking at.

Here, relax with your cup of coffee and enjoy the view:

Old 07-21-2012, 08:21 AM

16,806 posts, read 40,029,048 times
Oh gimme a break. How many people have ancient, stained toilets in their house? Mine are all brand new sparkling white 1.4 gallon per flush beauties, AND I KNOW HOW TO SCRUB A TERLIT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County