Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 10:59 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,040,503 times

Advertisements

One of the most difficult good-byes I had to say prior to moving to CA was to my beloved vet on the East Coast. I believe that the right vet is truly a co-parent, helping you make critical life or death decisions about your precious fur children.

My vet on the East Coast had impeccable bed-side manner, with fur children and humans alike, and would personally frequently call me at home just to check on my kids or to further explain something she felt needed further discussion. She was patient with my requests for natural alternatives, when sensible, and was a constant positive energy, always happy and upbeat. Even with a packed waiting room due to her many awards, she acted like you were the only person in her office and she had all the time in the world for your fur kid. Even her frontline staff was equally amazing. With low-turnover since she obviously treated them well, it was nice to see the same faces year after year. That's exactly what I'm looking for in OC.

I've read loads of Best of OC lists (Irvine Pet Complex and Orange Olive Vet Hospital caught my eyes, based on their reviews and central location), but which is your favorite vet in OC? I realize this has been covered before, but goodness how opinions can change as the staff of a vet's office changes.

Last edited by SunnyTXsmile; 02-24-2013 at 11:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 12:33 AM

378 posts, read 762,290 times
Your location is going to be factor in choosing as well.

We've used Marina Hills Animal Hospital in Laguna Niguel for our dogs. They've been terrific. They've been with us through the good stuff and the bad, and they adore our current dog (whom they know well from his many puppy exploits that landed him there on a regular basis!)

For our birds, we use the Animal and Bird Clinic of Mission Viejo. They're super nice, and it's great to have a vet nearby who specializes in birds.

Last edited by Vary; 02-25-2013 at 12:33 AM.. Reason: Added more location information

Old 02-25-2013, 01:19 AM

231 posts, read 591,917 times
Pet Hospital Orange - Veterinary Services in Orange, Ca - Dogs, Cats, Birds, Reptiles, etc
The staff at this place is great and the doctors here are the best. We went here when we lived in Orange.
Good luck. It is always hard to find a Vet to trust.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:43 AM

30,707 posts, read 79,987,040 times
Dr. Glassberg at Sunnycrest Animal Care center in Fullerton is excellent. Particularly with advanced veterinary procedures. He is an excellent surgeon. However they are great overall and their supportive and friendly demeanor and professionalism make it well worth the extra drive and somewhat higher cost (in some instances).

Old 02-25-2013, 09:14 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,035,165 times
Im totally fine with Banfield (in the PetsMart) on Edinger in HB
Puppy Care program has been a blessing, vets/staff are professional and attentive...

But we may switch to a different vet once the Puppy Care plan expires and we do not need all the monthly services.. Most of our friends are recommending Beach Cities Vet

Old 02-25-2013, 11:23 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,236,094 times
For cats, the Cat Care Clinic in Orange at the corner of Tustin & Lincoln. Pricey, but the entire staff is very good. The boss and head vet has a column in the OC Register and has had a long time column in Cat Fancy magazine, although I believe that she may have ended that association, unsure about that.
www.catcare.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County