Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:06 PM

264 posts, read 397,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chani29f View Post

Again, you people in Orange County have to remember that the rest of CA does not make the 6 figure salaries that you all do. This is why I strongly believe that NorCal & SoCal should be divided into 2 separate states as you people live in your own world.

I'm done arguing because you won't ever understand any point I try to make.
chani...do I detect an agenda hidden in there? I don't have a six figure salary, and I'm not rich. We have fine schools, and we aren't the LA inner city.

This is an Orange County thread, and we talk about Orange County. What's up with the "you people?"

Last edited by Parrotpaul; 12-04-2007 at 07:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 09:45 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,435,497 times
Haven't you checked out the San Francisco thread. All they do is talk about how they are the richest people in the USA, have the highest salary rate in the USA, blah blah blah. And you are telling So Cal needs to be separate from No Cal because all of us OC people make six salaries. Look in you own backyard, Northern California has lots making six figure salaries too, where do you think the Google guys live

Old 12-05-2007, 09:46 PM

543 posts, read 1,900,228 times
I do have to agree to some extent with Chani. I have three kids in an OC school district, and one that just graduated. I always felt my kids were getting a good education because we are in a "good school district", but when I talk to my family on the East Coast it seems what may be an "advanced" class for my kids is a "basic" class in their schools.
We are soon relocating back there so I have been researching the heck out of schools. We in CA are simply behind in most areas. It is not that all of our kids are lacking a good education but the many are. I have no idea what the school system is like in MN so I cannot say whether you would be compromising that with a move. I can only say from my experience CA does not put its money into its kids. Yes, sad, but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County