Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 06:45 PM

658 posts, read 1,554,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
That last map makes no sense. Even within the red area on the first map (as has been noted) there are exceptions. That last map takes in the Central Park and library and a number of livable apartment communities (students and young families), in addition to middle-class single-family dwellings. Why would you warn people away from there? (especially since you don't live here yet ).

The "Slater Slums" don't reach out and grab people to lure them in to their detriment and demise; I'm sure there are people that live in or near the place that may not even know the area is called by that name.

There is nothing in HB that is no-go EVER.
Well I wasn't warning anyone about anything. I was clarifying what someone else said by highlighting everything "bordering those streets". I make no claims about the accuracy of that person's claims. I merely highlighted on the map what they said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,485,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certsevtxert View Post
Well I wasn't warning anyone about anything. I was clarifying what someone else said by highlighting everything "bordering those streets". I make no claims about the accuracy of that person's claims. I merely highlighted on the map what they said.

I guess all we need now is to find out the market value of land in Mordor now that the Dark Lord is driven out and I guess then we'll be ok.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:

I guess all we need now is to find out the market value of land in Mordor now that the Dark Lord is driven out and I guess then we'll be ok.
You are making absolutely no sense. Maybe you just can't comprehend logic?

Old 08-12-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
You are making absolutely no sense. Maybe you just can't comprehend logic?
No, I just have the sense that you are creating a map to a party that no one is going to.

Just keep your mappy claws "offa" MY town.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
No, I just have the sense that you are creating a map to a party that no one is going to.

Just keep your mappy claws "offa" MY town.
As I already said, if you listened..
"I was clarifying what someone else said by highlighting everything "bordering those streets". I make no claims about the accuracy of that person's claims. I merely highlighted on the map what they said."

Old 08-12-2013, 11:50 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
The second map makes no sense and is very mis-leading. You took the red zone which had specific borders (and I don't know if it qualifies as a "red zone" or not, just going by what the other poster said) but then you expanded it to include the entire street, such as Beach Boulevard all the way down to the beach. I lived at Beach and Adams and, unless things have changed dramatically in the 10 years since I've left, it was a lovely area. Huntington Beach is a very large town. I would definitely recommend visiting before making any decisions.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:55 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
The second map makes no sense and is very mis-leading. You took the red zone which had specific borders (and I don't know if it qualifies as a "red zone" or not, just going by what the other poster said) but then you expanded it to include the entire street, such as Beach Boulevard all the way down to the beach. I lived at Beach and Adams and, unless things have changed dramatically in the 10 years since I've left, it was a lovely area. Huntington Beach is a very large town. I would definitely recommend visiting before making any decisions.

best to simply "advice" from Certs guy...read his threads and you realized he has a thimble full of knowlege and a basket full of mouth..

just saying..

anyone who says he can live on a "great wardrobe that he spends 200 bucks a year on" is simply out of touch..

just saying

Old 08-18-2013, 09:24 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,915,578 times
Quote:
Why did you move? Just wondering
My sister moved out here about eleven years ago and my mother convinced me to move out there as well.

Worst decision I ever made.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:18 PM

180 posts, read 327,888 times
Huntington Beach 10 times out of 10! I mean why move to California if you don't live near the beach? Also Anaheim is not that great. Unless you're a Disney freak I don't know why any one would choose Anaheim over HB.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Oh, yes.....

As said above, pretty much NOTHING in HB is no-go. There's better and worse, but no real red zone unless you are a banger that has stirred up trouble in the area in the past and are afraid of a retaliatory strike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County