Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 03:20 PM

23 posts, read 52,452 times

Advertisements

had a friend in town who got a public intoxication ticket in Huntington Beach. does anyone know what is usually the consequence, does he really need to get a lawyer, how much is the fine? would appreciate ANY insight on past experience or knowledge that anybody has. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 03:26 PM

23 posts, read 52,452 times
was detained, not arrested/read miranda rights, etc, but was finger printed, mugshot

Old 10-03-2013, 07:19 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,349,657 times
Sounds a little weird. Usually a mugshot and fingerprints means you've been arrested. If it were me, I'd consult with a lawyer.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:45 AM

239 posts, read 673,598 times
just curious, not judgemental. what did he do to get the ticket?

Old 10-04-2013, 01:06 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times
I had a friend a few years back that had some wine coolers in HB.

The cop said he had an open container, when my friend told him it wasn't open the cop took one and opened it and stated it was now and proceeded to cite him. Anything goes with some cops, I'd definitely follow up and resolve this before it goes to a warrant.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:55 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

The cop said he had an open container, when my friend told him it wasn't open the cop took one and opened it and stated it was now and proceeded to cite him. Anything goes with some cops, I'd definitely follow up and resolve this before it goes to a warrant.
I seriously doubt the actually happened. The cops are tough here, but MOST are not douchebags

We have to may idiots that visit here and regardless of stories like yours, they keep coming back.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:05 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I seriously doubt the actually happened. The cops are tough here, but MOST are not douchebags

We have to may idiots that visit here and regardless of stories like yours, they keep coming back.
Maybe so, but that incident DID occur. I enjoy HB and haven't had a problem personally, Newport is fine also.

HB was better years back before it was yuppiefied . I agree with you about idiots causing problems, what's your opinion on this story that came out recently?
In Huntington Beach, a new wave of resentment revives '909er' stereotype - Los Angeles Times

Old 10-06-2013, 11:45 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

Happened to me at Huntington state in 1990. Cops swarmed me in the parking lot. Made me empty out my grocery bag in the back of my wagon. Cited me for open container for the 6 pack of unopened Millers. No S*** the judge read off my charge as "Possession of 12 ounce Miller". Cops made me empty out each beer and throw the empties away.
They were also wanting some reason to take possession of the summer sausage for evidence.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:46 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Happened to me at Huntington state in 1990. Cops swarmed me in the parking lot. Made me empty out my grocery bag in the back of my wagon. Cited me for open container for the 6 pack of unopened Millers. No S*** the judge read off my charge as "Possession of 12 ounce Miller". Cops made me empty out each beer and throw the empties away.
They were also wanting some reason to take possession of the summer sausage for evidence.
You brought alcohol to the beach and were not smart enough to hide it. Probably not a HB city Cop. State rangers and life guards patrol the state beaches.

The cops pretty much had it with out-of-towners in the 1990s, especially after the 4th of July riots.
Drinking Miller probably didn't help

Old 10-08-2013, 05:48 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
You brought alcohol to the beach and were not smart enough to hide it. Probably not a HB city Cop. State rangers and life guards patrol the state beaches.

The cops pretty much had it with out-of-towners in the 1990s, especially after the 4th of July riots.
Drinking Miller probably didn't help
This was the first year of no alcohol on Huntington State beach. However still legal on other CA State beaches. I lived in Downey at the time.
I am up and down the coast and it is a regular event to tip one to my lost friends at the beach. Huntington had a recent riot and had small paper signs stating the new no alcohol law/rule. We had no intent on drinking any after seeing the new signs. As I said, the beer was on the bottom of my grocery bag. None were displayed but I had several three wheelers, cruisers and a helicopter over me on this critical bust.
The fine was only $25 but it was a misdemeanor. One of these days I might try and have it expunged.

We have car shows at the State Park here at home and everyone walks around with open containers as it is legal in State parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County