Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 11:30 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,474,317 times

Advertisements

Bunch of spoiled children, come out to the IE, its usually 20 degrees hotter than where I lived in Dana Point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 11:35 PM

823 posts, read 1,790,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
Bunch of spoiled children, come out to the IE, its usually 20 degrees hotter than where I lived in Dana Point.
Tell me about it! I could never, never live in the Inland Empire. It was bad enough to visit family out there in the summer. I left the comforts of the grocery store once and as soon as I stepped past the entrance, I literally hit a wall of scorching heat. BAM! Right in my face.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:02 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,703,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post

I have NO complaints about the weather. I even love the marine layer.

I spent far too many hot summers and freezing winters in Manhattan to B & Moan.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:54 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,809,923 times
Current weather:

Irvine, California : 73F, 73% humidity, 0% precipitation, 0mph wind

Atlanta, Georgia : 86F, 34% humidity, 0% precipitation, 5mph wind

I'm in Irvine now and can already feel the humidity... it's been very humid and uncomfortable lately, yesterday afternoon it was scorching hot. Atlanta seems to be better at the moment.

It's not a question of being spoiled, but far too many people here say the weather is perfect, it's not! scorching heat waves, sudden rain, gloomy days, hot and humid days etc. are all part of the imperfect weather here. Not everyone gets to be right next to the beach, the vast majority live inland in neighborhoods like La Mirada, La Habra, Whittier, Pomona, Chino etc. where the weather SUCKS just as much as those decrepit gang infested neighborhoods.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:42 AM

699 posts, read 1,346,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Current weather:

Humidity breaks today. It's 58% at least in the northern part of Irvine.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:15 PM

47 posts, read 76,827 times
Quote:
Current weather:

Atlanta, Georgia : 86F, 34% humidity, 0% precipitation, 5mph wind

I'm in Irvine now and can already feel the humidity... it's been very humid and uncomfortable lately, yesterday afternoon it was scorching hot. Atlanta seems to be better at the moment.

It's not a question of being spoiled, but far too many people here say the weather is perfect, it's not! scorching heat waves, sudden rain, gloomy days, hot and humid days etc. are all part of the imperfect weather here. Not everyone gets to be right next to the beach, the vast majority live inland in neighborhoods like La Mirada, La Habra, Whittier, Pomona, Chino etc. where the weather SUCKS just as much as those decrepit gang infested neighborhoods.
I guess it depends on what you consider "perfect" weather to be. I think most people would think temperatures ranging 60-90deg year round with relatively low humidity would be fairly ideal, which is what we get in Orange County most of the time. At least it is for me. I lived in San Bernardino and Riverside for a fairly large chunk of my life, so having temperatures not hit over 100 is pretty nice to me(lived in Irvine the past 8 years now).

It definitely has been pretty humid the past week or so, but I can live with it for a week or two, as opposed to places like Florida where its humid almost all year round.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:21 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,262,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
It's enough to make me miss summers in Denver for sure. Rain in Laguna on Saturday?
I moved to Denver from OC a few years ago and summers in Denver seem hotter to me. Other than we had a bunch of rain last week with cooler than normal temps, which has made it more humid than normal. But the average high in Denver this time of year is 90. Where I lived in OC, the average high never got above about 84.

Overall, I think summers in OC and Denver are both quite pleasant. I lived in Texas for a couple years and OMG, you want REAL heat and humidity? That state is a miserable, overheated sauna for 6 months out of the year. I mean, just walking from your front door to your car results in sweat pouring off your head When people say it's "humid" in OC (or anywhere in SoCal) or Denver, they don't know what real humidity is.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:30 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,505,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I moved to Denver from OC a few years ago and summers in Denver seem hotter to me. Other than we had a bunch of rain last week with cooler than normal temps, which has made it more humid than normal. But the average high in Denver this time of year is 90. Where I lived in OC, the average high never got above about 84.

Overall, I think summers in OC and Denver are both quite pleasant. I lived in Texas for a couple years and OMG, you want REAL heat and humidity? That state is a miserable, overheated sauna for 6 months out of the year. I mean, just walking from your front door to your car results in sweat pouring off your head When people say it's "humid" in OC (or anywhere in SoCal) or Denver, they don't know what real humidity is.
Humidity and I don't mix well. I have turned down positions in TX and East Coast because I don't want to be dripping. The Texas shuffle from one AC to another all summer no thanks

I like 95F and 10% like Denver has in summer.

But there are a lot of things I like here more, my family, and the beach is pretty awesome.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:52 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,809,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Humidity and I don't mix well. I have turned down positions in TX and East Coast because I don't want to be dripping. The Texas shuffle from one AC to another all summer no thanks

I like 95F and 10% like Denver has in summer.

But there are a lot of things I like here more, my family, and the beach is pretty awesome.
Denver has a harsh winter though so whatever benefit you get in the summer you pay for it in the winter

Old 08-12-2014, 09:22 AM

1,640 posts, read 2,661,844 times
Quote:
What is up with this heat in OC? It's been absolutely crazy, it's been in the 90s. It was so hot could not even complete a hike in the mid afternoon Feels like I am in Phoenix. And it's been quite humid as well, sweating like crazy when I do the slightest activity outdoors.... where is this "perfect" weather that everyone talks about, last 2 months have been nothing but heat waves! The weather here is far from perfect but the population here is so incredibly brainwashed that anything and everything is perfect...if it rains nonstop for a week then it's "we need the rain" mantra, if it's a heatwave then it's "at least it's sunny"..ridiculous!
What you fail to understand is that Orange County is one of the most positive, upbeat regions in the US in terms of attitude, outlook, and perspective. People tend to find the positive in situations or circumstances far more often than the negative, contrary to many other parts of the country that have an overwhelming negative, pessimistic vibe such as the East Coast, Rust Belt, Florida, or the Southwest. So that's the reason why you hear people say things like "we need the rain" or " at least it's sunny!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County