Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2014, 08:28 PM

20 posts, read 25,675 times

Advertisements

Currently living in Hollywood but the job would take me to either Lake Forest or Carlsbad.

If Lake Forest, then I'd look to live in either Huntington Beach or Newport Beach.

If Carlsbad, then I'd look to live in either Pacific Beach or (Suggestions...???)

About me, just your typical 26 straight single white guy who works 9-5 and takes it easy during the week and have fun on the weekends. Originally from the east coast, I'm mostly looking for a place to enjoy the SoCal lifestyle by the beach. Hoping to find a place with lots of other young professionals and hopefully spark up some romance (read seriously date.)

I like to surf, hike, bike, ski/snowboard, enjoy craft beer happy hours. I'm more of a homebody but go crazy if I don't have access to good nightlife or tons of options.

Any thoughts on where I would enjoy living more?

EDIT: I've visited both, thought San Diego was great but a little too slow paced. Worried OC may be harder to be happier socially. If I had the money and choice of location I would pick something like Santa Monica/Venice. I think it's the best of both worlds, beach and urban living, with great hiking close by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 08:57 PM

471 posts, read 1,830,392 times
Default Oc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeinTreeD View Post
Currently living in Hollywood but the job would take me to either Lake Forest or Carlsbad.

If Lake Forest, then I'd look to live in either Huntington Beach or Newport Beach.

If Carlsbad, then I'd look to live in either Pacific Beach or (Suggestions...???)

About me, just your typical 26 straight single white guy who works 9-5 and takes it easy during the week and have fun on the weekends. Originally from the east coast, I'm mostly looking for a place to enjoy the SoCal lifestyle by the beach. Hoping to find a place with lots of other young professionals and hopefully spark up some romance (read seriously date.)

I like to surf, hike, bike, ski/snowboard, enjoy craft beer happy hours. I'm more of a homebody but go crazy if I don't have access to good nightlife or tons of options.

Any thoughts on where I would enjoy living more?

EDIT: I've visited both, thought San Diego was great but a little too slow paced. Worried OC may be harder to be happier socially. If I had the money and choice of location I would pick something like Santa Monica/Venice. I think it's the best of both worlds, beach and urban living, with great hiking close by.
I'm also from the east coast and if you are from an east coast city, San Diego will get old pretty quick. NO shade to the city, it is beautiful but I feel like it lacks a "vibe". It has a feeling of a small town, and not a city per se, I'm actually moving to Huntington Beach from Temecula, and I think you will be fine. You could easily hang out in places in LA on the weekend. Just my 2 cents

Old 10-20-2014, 11:40 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
See my response in the SD forum. I'd choose OC but SD is good too.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:32 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
When I moved back from CO I said OC, no SD.

Now that I do business in both I may move to SD. People are a bit nicer, a bit less psycho on the roads, and a bit less materialistic.

It reminds me a bit of Denver Metro, a smaller, more connected feel, SD.

OC is so overcrowded the complaints on the SV section are the same I have here. Takes me 40 minutes to go 6 miles home from work. They just keep building and there are no new roads added.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:29 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,814,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
When I moved back from CO I said OC, no SD.

Now that I do business in both I may move to SD. People are a bit nicer, a bit less psycho on the roads, and a bit less materialistic.

It reminds me a bit of Denver Metro, a smaller, more connected feel, SD.

OC is so overcrowded the complaints on the SV section are the same I have here. Takes me 40 minutes to go 6 miles home from work. They just keep building and there are no new roads added.
Totally agree with those observations. San Diego is quickly becoming my favorite area in Southern California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County