Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 01:01 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,664,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Exactly. People own cars and can drive a few miles to find entertainment, not everything needs to be immediately walkable. It's California, everyone drives! Move to NY if you want a garbage, urban walkable city. These clowns with their pro Santa Ana agendas look more silly every time they post. Now they are claiming Santa Ana is a better city then one (Irvine) that constantly makes top 20 lists for best cities to live in the entire country. Complete joke.
What can I say, I didn't grow up in dump like Anaheim, so I actually have architectural standards. If the house wasn't built pre war I'm not interested. First choice would be victorian, but a craftsman will do.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:20 PM

347 posts, read 666,963 times
Quote:
Exactly. People own cars and can drive a few miles to find entertainment, not everything needs to be immediately walkable. It's California, everyone drives!
LOL!!! omg you people do exist! We make fun of you in the planning/architectural world! hahahah!

Old 02-22-2015, 01:22 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,539,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
What can I say, I didn't grow up in dump like Anaheim, so I actually have architectural standards. If the house wasn't built pre war I'm not interested. First choice would be victorian, but a craftsman will do.
You don't know your history very well. Anaheim incorporated as a city in 1876, a full 10 years before Santa Ana and the first home was built in Anaheim in 1850 when it was founded. The land that became Santa Ana was still covered with tall yellow mustard when William H. Spurgeon from Kentucky rode through on horseback October 10, 1869....

Old 02-22-2015, 01:42 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
You have obviously not spent much time in Anaheim's older neighborhoods.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:07 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,664,302 times
Quote:
You don't know your history very well. Anaheim incorporated as a city in 1876, a full 10 years before Santa Ana and the first home was built in Anaheim in 1850 when it was founded. The land that became Santa Ana was still covered with tall yellow mustard when William H. Spurgeon from Kentucky rode through on horseback October 10, 1869....
You think I grew up in Santa Ana? Or that I've ever even lived there? You seriously are completely delusional.

Anyways shall we look at what great great things happened in Anaheim since your amazing incorporation in 1876?

Well by 1940 Anaheim got up to a whole whopping population of 11,000. What a historic accomplishment. I'm sure there are tons of historic homes available. It must have been an absolute hotbed of culture and architecture attracting premier designers like Myron Hunt, Green & Green, Wright, Julia Morgan, etc. Oh wait... we're talking about Anaheim, which was an absolute nothing KKK laden hellhole full of orange groves and racists.

Oooh then we really get to the pinnacle of Anaheim's historic prowess. It's a real doozy.

By the mid 1970s, Downtown Anaheim had succumbed entirely to urban blight. The city began the process of demolishing the old downtown district and replacing it with a new Downtown District with a miniature skyline development. This process took a little more than fifteen years. The only structures from the old business district which still stand today are the old Carnegie Library Building which is now a museum, and the Kraemer Building (the old Bank of America Building) which was the tallest building in Anaheim prior to Disneyland's opening in 1955.
Downtown Anaheim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Disgusting.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
You think I grew up in Santa Ana? Or that I've ever even lived there? You seriously are completely delusional.

Anyways shall we look at what great great things happened in Anaheim since your amazing incorporation in 1876?

Well by 1940 Anaheim got up to a whole whopping population of 11,000. What a historic accomplishment. I'm sure there are tons of historic homes available. It must have been an absolute hotbed of culture and architecture attracting premier designers like Myron Hunt, Green & Green, Wright, Julia Morgan, etc. Oh wait... we're talking about Anaheim, which was an absolute nothing KKK laden hellhole full of orange groves and racists.

Oooh then we really get to the pinnacle of Anaheim's historic prowess. It's a real doozy.

By the mid 1970s, Downtown Anaheim had succumbed entirely to urban blight. The city began the process of demolishing the old downtown district and replacing it with a new Downtown District with a miniature skyline development. This process took a little more than fifteen years. The only structures from the old business district which still stand today are the old Carnegie Library Building which is now a museum, and the Kraemer Building (the old Bank of America Building) which was the tallest building in Anaheim prior to Disneyland's opening in 1955.
Downtown Anaheim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Disgusting.
Yes, a city making way for progress is disgusting...thats why Anaheim has great things like the most popular and successful theme park in the world, a stadium with a great pro baseball team, an arena with a very good pro hockey team and national acts and the largest convention center on the west coast (which is about to get even bigger and better) that hosts some great events. Santa Ana has a little downtown area with garbage fast food chain stores like Burger King and Jack in the box and a 96 cent discount store lol. People come from all over the world to visit Anaheim, over 22 million a year. What tourist comes to CA to visit Santa Ana? LOL! You can keep your old houses and historic area, no one cares. Santa Ana is hardly the place for urban living and historic tradition. Why don't you move to downtown NY or Chicago instead of just pretending you live in some great, historic urban city lol

Old 02-22-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Santa Ana has a little downtown area with garbage fast food chain stores like Burger King and Jack in the box and a 96 cent discount store lol.
There's ignorant people, there's racist, and below them is people like you. Completely clueless. Too bad the best food in this county is located in DTSA.

Quote:
People come from all over the world to visit Anaheim, over 22 million a year. What tourist comes to CA to visit Santa Ana? LOL!
You think people come to Anaheim for Anaheim? Please! They come to Disneyland that just so happens to be within city boundaries. They don't explore any other part of the city.

Quote:
You can keep your old houses and historic area, no one cares. Santa Ana is hardly the place for urban living and historic tradition. Why don't you move to downtown NY or Chicago instead of just pretending you live in some great, historic urban city lol
Speechless! You are completely nuts!

Old 02-22-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Mbell, begins to argue about Anaheim having better history. He then realizes Santa Ana has more history and resorts to saying History doesn't matter and nobody cares.

Mbell, making all of us OC residents look stupid to the rest of the country.

Old 02-22-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Planner View Post
You think people come to Anaheim for Anaheim? Please! They come to Disneyland that just so happens to be within city boundaries. They don't explore any other part of the city.
Of course they come for Disneyland, not disputing that. However, its that willingness to create space for new projects that gives Anaheim the advantage. Let me know next time you can visit a world famous theme park, watch a pro baseball game, a pro hockey game, a major concert or go to a major convention in the biggest convention center on the west coast in Santa Ana. The fact remains, there is MUCH more to do in Anaheim than Santa Ana, its not even close. Off you go...

Old 02-22-2015, 04:17 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Anaheim vs. Santa Ana? We are in the same county. We should want BOTH areas, which coincidentally are not seen as that much different by outsiders, to prosper, become cool, and rid themselves of gangs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County