Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2015, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 797 times

Advertisements

I have a very specific situation that I was hoping I could get some insight or help into, that in some ways is similar to others with the exception that it has unique variables to be considered.

My wife and I are working at two different locations (I take the 405 Freeway to the 10/405 to work, while my wife takes a combination of the 405S and 105E to the I5 into Orange County area to work). I currently live in the LAX area (specifically in Hawthorne, near the 405 and 105 interchange) and right now it takes me about 20-30 minutes to get to work in the morning (16min without traffic) and it takes me about 50mins to a little over an hour to get home after work at 4pm. She has a similar schedule, but it takes her about 40-45 minutes to get to work (35 without traffic) and about an hour to get back home from Orange. So distance wise, I live closer to work, but with LA traffic and the fact that she is going against traffic, it takes her about the same time to get to work and come home as I do.

While I love my house the way it is (It is a decent sized nice house in a not that nice neighborhood), it just doesn't provide for the flexibility for raising a family in the future (at least in the sakes of having a good distance to school district or walking the dog or taking family to the park). I was hoping for somewhere south closer to where my wife is working, perhaps Torrance, Long Beach, Cerritos/Cypress, Tustin area where Tustin would probably be the furthest that would be tolerable for my drive up the 405 (I am estimating that my drive would probably take 2-3 hours to get home after work from 10/405 to Tustin?).

Are there any homes priced in the 500 to the high 600s that would be reasonable that are developing or would be finished in the near future? We are looking for a relatively newly built home or townhome/condo complex that would be in a nice neighborhood for walking a dog, with possibly a shared or community yard/pool, those kinds of things. Is there any websites that have upcoming townhome/complex completion dates and the range of prices and floor layout plans? I was going to google it but figured the collective knowledge of the internet community might be able to give me more specific info.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this or provide feedback/suggestions if you have any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County