Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 03:26 PM

49 posts, read 68,726 times

Advertisements

I find people tend to have a love / hate attitude toward Irvine. Most people love Irvine and would jump at the chance of living here. Great schools, safe neighborhoods, clean & new, centrally located, and a decent amount of family friendly venues, and its a job hub. Theres even a cool site called "Talk Irvine" where a bunch of people talk about real estate, the economy, and just all things related to Irvine and OC. But the flip side is Irvine comes with a premium and that is where the hate comes in .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 03:39 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,289,513 times
I like Irvine but don't want to pay exorbitant HOAs for amenities the city should provide. don't know how could anyone still enjoy those amenities when everybody are busy working?

we live in an apartment for 8 years and we seldom use the pool, maybe twice,max, in a year. so when it was time to buy for a house, we chose one where the HOA only provide swimming pool. swing? slide? those are found in the park so why should you pay for it in HOA?

Old 06-04-2015, 04:49 PM

68 posts, read 100,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Troll View Post
I find people tend to have a love / hate attitude toward Irvine. Most people love Irvine and would jump at the chance of living here. Great schools, safe neighborhoods, clean & new, centrally located, and a decent amount of family friendly venues, and its a job hub. Theres even a cool site called "Talk Irvine" where a bunch of people talk about real estate, the economy, and just all things related to Irvine and OC. But the flip side is Irvine comes with a premium and that is where the hate comes in .
Are you saying Irvine haters are just jealous sour grapes who can't afford to live there?

Old 06-04-2015, 07:43 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,149,143 times
I am beginning to wonder about that name "OC Troll". Do you seriously believe that Irvine's detractors are all persons who could not afford to live there? I like Irvine just fine and think it is a good place especially for those who work there and who benefit from its schools, but you've taken it too far by saying that those who dislike the place necessarily could not afford to live there.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:49 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,692,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I am beginning to wonder about that name "OC Troll". Do you seriously believe that Irvine's detractors are all persons who could not afford to live there? I like Irvine just fine and think it is a good place especially for those who work there and who benefit from its schools, but you've taken it too far by saying that those who dislike the place necessarily could not afford to live there.

It makes you wonder if school is out for some and they just have too much time on their hands.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:11 PM

384 posts, read 735,037 times
I drive by Irvine everyday and I dont understand what the hype is all about. Its a nice clean city, but with all the regulations bulls*t you have to follow. Its my last choice of city to live in.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:40 PM

3,247 posts, read 6,304,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritasveritas View Post
Its a nice clean city, but with all the regulations bulls*t you have to follow. Its my last choice of city to live in.
I completely agree!! I would even pick Santa Ana over Irvine.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:28 PM

347 posts, read 667,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritasveritas View Post
I drive by Irvine everyday and I dont understand what the hype is all about. Its a nice clean city, but with all the regulations bulls*t you have to follow. Its my last choice of city to live in.
Yes I agree. It's a little to "plain" for me. Besides, zero nightlife.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:35 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,539,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Planner View Post
Yes I agree. It's a little to "plain" for me. Besides, zero nightlife.
Some of you girls are so silly. Act like Irvine is nothing but tract houses and a library Define "nightlife". Irvine has Irvine Meadows for concerts, Improv for comedy shows, Yard House for drinking, Dave and Busters for more drinking and games, the Spectrum and plenty restaurants and bars. Thats more variety than any city in OC outside of Anaheim.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:35 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,665,531 times
When I buy a house I severely doubt it will be in Irvine. I despise cookie cutter modern beige architecture and small lots. As I said in a previous thread I would much rather go for Villa Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County