Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Considering moving back to Mission Viejo California, seeking information on job market in Mission Viejo, monthly expenses, cost of living in Mission Viejo, currently living in Pennsylvania

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 11:41 PM

158 posts, read 581,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug25 View Post
I've found another place in Cali that seems more realistic, but I have to check it out more though-Perris, Menifee, and Lake Canyon. It's not the O.C., but with a relocation to Ca from PA, a coast to coast move is a lot and it seems like it would be more realistic outlook, and then maybe later a move to Mission Viejo. Plus, I work for lowes rdc and and they have a rdc in Perris. Plus, the housing market is a little bit less.
You would be quite happy in Canyon Lake! I'm sure pleasantly surprised!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 05:08 PM

543 posts, read 1,900,228 times
Those area are most likely more in your price range for a home, but the costs of other things will still be higher than where you are. Your utilities will most likely be the same as in PA since it does get colder and warmer there than in Orange County. You are wise to do as much research as possible, have your looked into moving to a less expensive state?

Old 02-21-2008, 11:51 AM

41 posts, read 314,964 times
Default SoCal

I really like the atmosphere that SoCal has, I can't really find another state that offers the same as Cal does. I know everyplace has its "good/Bad", but I hate the cold, an other reasons for a move as well.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:21 PM

365 posts, read 1,419,028 times
If you know what you want, go for it! I would look at all your options for employment and where it can take you. If you want to come to California, then come. Southern California is a great place to live. I assisted my cousin in buying her first home in Ladera Ranch, an area in the greater Mission Viejo area. Amazing schools, work opportunities, etc. I also have friends that live out in Yucaipa, Riverside, and other Inland Empire areas. They love it too. Know what you want and get it. And I, among others, to recommend furthering your education beyond an AA. Even doing it online through University of Phoenix will help!! Hope that helps

Old 05-01-2008, 01:56 PM

2 posts, read 6,783 times
Thumbs up Move to Mission Viejo or Menifee

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug25 View Post
I lived in Mission Viejo in the mid 1980's and would certainly like to relocate back with my family. I am currently anticipating graduating with an Associates Degree in Accounting in the Spring of 2009. I have checked the job market and housing market, even foreclosures, bank/tax liens, and notice of defaults. I am married and have 2 kids (well, 3 in July), and was wondering if anyone could assist me on figuring out the monthly expenses(utilities), such as: Water, Power, Sewer, Oil, A/C, etc. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
I do currently like in Pennsylvania in a small city of less then 10,000 pop. and there is nothing for my children, or me and my spouse to do; unless we want to drive 2-3 hours away. The school systems educational standards are well below avg. (averaging lower then a 70%-Math, and 40%-English on [URL="http://www.schoolmatters.com"]SchoolMatters - Home[/URL]). Again, any assistance will be appreciated.

Thank You.
Hi Doug, I am a realtor plus I have lived in Mission Viejo and Menifee so I will give you some insite.
Menifee is now having a lot of foreclosures in housing but also a lot of growth in shopping, industry and office buildings so your chances for work will be better in 2009. Menifee as far as your utilities go, the A/C will be a little higher but is one of the best spots in the area. West of the 215 freeway cools down 90% of the time at about 4:00 every afternoon. In 8 years of living there we only had to run the air 2 or 3 nights a year, great savings. There are many new schools in the area and my childern were grown so I can't tell you what schools were or what they will be like. You can check that out though eNeighborhoods.com. If you can't get on let me know and I will send the link. Food, clothing, and entertainment are less costly.
You also mentioned Perris bad idea. The crime rate is very high there.
Prices for rentals and buying are much higher in Mission Viejo than Menifee. Both are having lower prices but Menifee will go lower down and be slower coming back.
Don't get me wrong I love Mission Viejo. Raised my childern here and live here now. It was the Safest City in 2007 for U.S.A. and is beautiful! All my kids live here but for a young family you will get more for your dollar in housing in Menifee.
Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County