Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 03:57 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,004,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a333 View Post
From that article, Bend, Boise, and Surprise, AZ do not want Californians.

The irony.
yep. the irony. the people leaving are essentially the "leave-me-alone" redneck types that would be very happy in those areas - yet the locals consider them "California liberals"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 05:02 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,390,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
yep. the irony. the people leaving are essentially the "leave-me-alone" redneck types that would be very happy in those areas - yet the locals consider them "California liberals"
Now that is sooo stupid, it really shows the type that stay.

Old 03-15-2017, 05:20 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,985,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
This is spoken like someone who has never traveled out of their $4500 a month studio apartment in SOMA San Francisco.

I own properties in different states and maintain my primary residence out of state. I let people know all the time that I used to live in California, and guess what? We go out, drink beers, play golf, shoot guns together, do business deals, and make money together. They do think I'm a bit metrosexual, but that's because I like slim fit high thread count suits.

If you're going out of state and acting like a complete pissant, then yes, people in other states will call it like it is (unlike California where you get mostly the fakers and other pissants).

Old 03-15-2017, 06:15 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,862,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
We go out, drink beers, play golf, shoot guns together...
OMG! Beer instead of wine??? shoot guns???

Old 03-16-2017, 04:32 AM

404 posts, read 712,086 times
Most people here in Austin blame us for influx. Yet its our influence that is the main factor... everyone is moving here from everywhere. i'm just trying to come home to the lonely sea

when i was a young boy, Irvine was heaven. Orange trees and strawberry fields forever. The Eucalyptus trees filled in the horizon and there were olive trees at heritage park.

when i was a teen growing up in tustin, we would fill paper bags with avocados. drink beers in cowan heights, hit the wedge in newport, chill at main st in HB. i'm so fortunate!

now that i'm a man and have seen more of the world, Irvine is one of the worst places for me. The core of OC is great for business and good food, but its a grind. i've found that oc lacks art vibed coffee shops. the beaches are of course still great but SD and SB have better shores imo. I still love Laguna... how can you not?

Last edited by Shredding_Gnar78; 03-16-2017 at 04:46 AM..

Old 03-16-2017, 04:46 AM

1,726 posts, read 1,719,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
-Forcing parents to vaccinate
That is, hands down, the most bizarre reason to move to another state I've ever heard.

Growing up, I went to a pediatrician who was Harvard-educated and the best of the best in New England. In a roundabout way, he would explain to parents that, if you don't vaccinate your kids, GTFO of my office. Vaccinations are very, very important to individual and public health.

I'm glad to see twits like that dope from Ladera Ranch leave. Good riddance!

Old 03-16-2017, 07:24 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredding_Gnar78 View Post
Most people here in Austin blame us for influx. Yet its our influence that is the main factor... everyone is moving here from everywhere. i'm just trying to come home to the lonely sea

when i was a young boy, Irvine was heaven. Orange trees and strawberry fields forever. The Eucalyptus trees filled in the horizon and there were olive trees at heritage park.

when i was a teen growing up in tustin, we would fill paper bags with avocados. drink beers in cowan heights, hit the wedge in newport, chill at main st in HB. i'm so fortunate!

now that i'm a man and have seen more of the world, Irvine is one of the worst places for me. The core of OC is great for business and good food, but its a grind. i've found that oc lacks art vibed coffee shops. the beaches are of course still great but SD and SB have better shores imo. I still love Laguna... how can you not?
Beaches in OC are so overcrowded now it's insane. I remember having campfires on the beach walking and on sime nights there were no people. I remember cruising Newport Bl on the peninsula. So Cal is just crowded. Usually in order to slow demand you raise prices. I just heard n the radio that home prices in LA and OC went up 6%

Old 03-16-2017, 08:58 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,985,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
OMG! Beer instead of wine??? shoot guns???

Yeah, can you imagine?

I've gone out and went skeet shooting with business partners, WHILE drinking a beer. It's a miracle no one was killed, and that these "red necks" had any money at all. I mean one of them is a partner in one of the biggest angel networks in the South, I'm talking over $1.2 billion in collective capital between all angels, and he totally shoots guns, hates California liberals, and drives a McLaren 570.

How did such a low life get to where he is in life living outside of such hallowed centers of wealth and intellectual echo chambers like San Francisco or Los Angeles?

A true intellectual sets up roots in San Francisco, pays half of their take home W2 pay to rent a one bedroom half a block away from gang turf. That's the ONLY way to be considered a true intellectual in California!

Last edited by CaliRestoration; 03-16-2017 at 09:15 AM..

Old 03-16-2017, 09:56 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,629 times
The poors of California vote for ridiculous taxes to receive benefits, they are taxing themselves into more poorness. Then they move out because they can't afford to live here and start voting for the same policies that made California so expensive. See Colorado. This state cares more about homeless, illegals and the desert tortoise than its citizens.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:39 AM

745 posts, read 1,284,480 times
OC illustrates the universal truth that any place can be ruined by overcrowding and overdevelopment.

Outside of tourists or social anthropologists, I don't know anyone who would enjoy Huntington Beach, Disneyland, or even Yosemite for that matter, during peak season. I hear even the Sistine Chapel is an unpleasant experience on a crowded day.

The trick is that when you live there, you know it isn't always that bad. You can still get lucky or time it right to enjoy a glorious day in Huntington Beach where you don't spend 30 minutes trying to park (or 60 minutes in traffic to get there). But if you lived there 30 years ago and remember Huntington Beach always being a pleasure, your inescapable conclusion is that returns are diminishing. For you, OC is becoming less like OC and more like a crowded theme park with long lines.

Meanwhile, the price of admission increases while the chance of enjoying yourself decreases.

Still, OC's weather remains a constant pleasure. If you hole up in a $700k+ single family home and plan your outings right, it can still be a pretty good life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County