Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2017, 04:41 PM

329 posts, read 656,616 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for a good apartment community in Irvine/Tustin? Budget is around $2000 plus/minus for a 1Bedroom unit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 06:02 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,935,073 times
PM sent

Old 09-01-2017, 08:27 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Orchard Hills on Portola is between both, very nice area just looked them up online and 1 bdr is 2050 a month. You are 3 miles from Peters Canyon a very nice rec area. My friend lives at Centerpointe next to Irvine Spectrum and it's considered one of the best Irvine Company Prop./IAC probably 2050-2100 or look at new Westpoint development next door offering a couple of months free rent for probably 2100. Check reviews on Yelp before putting your money down. I would not move to Cypress Village Murano I lived there and it was a bit subpar for a nice IAC area. Veneto is the only gated community at CV and it's pretty nice I might move there myself.

All of these places are Irvine Company they are somewhat of a pain to deal with but if you want to live in Irvine you pretty much have to deal with them, they siphon off $150-200 of your deposit when you leave even if it's spotless.

Don't live at Woodbridge older, bad AC, no wash/dry in unit kinda run down a bit ghetto in parts with too many tenants per unit and IAC doing nothing about it.

Good luck

Old 09-02-2017, 01:49 PM

329 posts, read 656,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Orchard Hills on Portola is between both, very nice area just looked them up online and 1 bdr is 2050 a month. You are 3 miles from Peters Canyon a very nice rec area. My friend lives at Centerpointe next to Irvine Spectrum and it's considered one of the best Irvine Company Prop./IAC probably 2050-2100 or look at new Westpoint development next door offering a couple of months free rent for probably 2100. Check reviews on Yelp before putting your money down. I would not move to Cypress Village Murano I lived there and it was a bit subpar for a nice IAC area. Veneto is the only gated community at CV and it's pretty nice I might move there myself.

All of these places are Irvine Company they are somewhat of a pain to deal with but if you want to live in Irvine you pretty much have to deal with them, they siphon off $150-200 of your deposit when you leave even if it's spotless.

Don't live at Woodbridge older, bad AC, no wash/dry in unit kinda run down a bit ghetto in parts with too many tenants per unit and IAC doing nothing about it.

Good luck
Thanks so much for the detailed recommendations. Passing this to my friend.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:02 PM

Sure you are most welcome. One last thing. I would not live in South Tustin it's ghetto and has some gang bangers. There was a gang related shooting/murder there several months ago on a Sunday afternoon.

This would be the area off McFadden and 55 FWY, it's low income Hispanic people living there, 1/2 notch better than Santa Ana at best.

Tustin Ranch, on the other hand, is quite nice, but it gets hot. I might move back there myself. Peters Canyon backs to TR on one side.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:16 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,492,423 times
Quote:

Good luck
Interesting. I have some friends who live in Cypress Village and they love it, but now I want to check out the other areas you mention.

We may be renting first, we may just buy, but I am researching anyway.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:35 PM

Some of Cypress Village is nice I just don't think Murano is part of it. Having no gates sometimes wannabe fast and furious types would use the circle as their late night track and too many keg parties at the pool late night. Veneto is CV with gates and is nice.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Some of Cypress Village is nice I just don't think Murano is part of it. Having no gates sometimes wannabe fast and furious types would use the circle as their late night track and too many keg parties at the pool late night. Veneto is CV with gates and is nice.
Good to know. Thanks.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
Good to know. Thanks.
Sure Cypress Village is a very nice area but some of the apts are spotty, just check Yelp reviews. Woodbury up Sand Canyon is really nice too and Trader Joes is right there along with a lot of other nice stores.

It's nice enough I am considering moving back in 2 months to Veneto, which is gated and isn't right next to the 5 FWY. I forgot the apt complex next to the 5 FWY but don't move there the sound wall doesn't go up high enough so you will hear the 5 FWY and get pollution drift into the complex.

Lastly it gets hot there so plan on running the AC until the end of Sept/1st part of Oct.

All of the housing developments are nice, but very $$$ and the build quality is spotty in some places. I talked to someone that sold those homes several years back. The Irvine Company is God in Irvine so they get away with cutting corners in places, at times.

Old 09-11-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Sure Cypress Village is a very nice area but some of the apts are spotty, just check Yelp reviews. Woodbury up Sand Canyon is really nice too and Trader Joes is right there along with a lot of other nice stores.

It's nice enough I am considering moving back in 2 months to Veneto, which is gated and isn't right next to the 5 FWY. I forgot the apt complex next to the 5 FWY but don't move there the sound wall doesn't go up high enough so you will hear the 5 FWY and get pollution drift into the complex.

Lastly it gets hot there so plan on running the AC until the end of Sept/1st part of Oct.

All of the housing developments are nice, but very $$$ and the build quality is spotty in some places. I talked to someone that sold those homes several years back. The Irvine Company is God in Irvine so they get away with cutting corners in places, at times.
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County