Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 02:06 PM

21,739 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Don't forget about the overt racists, especially the blue-leaning ones, who believe white males are the root of all their problems.
Uh huh. Back to the “blue-leaning racists” thing, huh. How about you define racism for the readers ... because “blue-leaning” are typically associated as defending minorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 04:32 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
But I never claimed it was a landslide it's always a good idea to respond to what the actual post was.
Maybe post something factual instead of resorting to blaming Trump. Name calling and making up bull **** is a thing for some people.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:48 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Maybe post something factual instead of resorting to blaming Trump. Name calling and making up bull **** is a thing for some people.
The reason Republicans aren't getting elected in California IS Trump, do we have to ignore the obvious? Many of Trump's policies have been directed at California with the aim to hurt the State. My cousin lives in Dana Point, he's politically very conservative but he registered as an independent when the California Republicans didn't stand up to Trump when he decided to allow oil drilling off our coast, especially when he exempted Florida from drilling in order to ensure election of goofy eyes Rick Scott.

And I didn't call anyone names, why are you so hostile? If you want to spend your day sharing stories about the wonderful things Trump does every day without being bothered by people who disagree with you try Reddit r/The _Donald .

Old 08-13-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I didn’t read any “name calling” either. Nor any false narratives. Pretty reasonable POV, really. And one commonly expressed in the state even by Republicans.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:28 PM

1,336 posts, read 928,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Uh huh. Back to the “blue-leaning racists” thing, huh. How about you define racism for the readers ... because “blue-leaning” are typically associated as defending minorities.
According to who? You in your worldview? I thought you weren't a prisoner of ideologies, but here you happily stick to a stereotype of blue leaners.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:31 PM

1,210 posts, read 889,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
defending minorities.
From what? Mythical racism? Mythical discrimination? Mythical white privilege? Not enough affirmative action or quotas or bonus SAT points or racial preferences?

Old 08-13-2019, 07:34 PM

1,210 posts, read 889,226 times
Quote:
The reason Republicans aren't getting elected in California IS Trump, do we have to ignore the obvious? Many of Trump's policies have been directed at California with the aim to hurt the State.
Probably but I think Orange County was going blue way before Trump.

And I don't blame him for sticking it to California considering California sticks to law abiding Americans by making everything a sanctuary.

Old 08-13-2019, 10:22 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
The reason Republicans aren't getting elected in California IS Trump, do we have to ignore the obvious? Many of Trump's policies have been directed at California with the aim to hurt the State. My cousin lives in Dana Point, he's politically very conservative but he registered as an independent when the California Republicans didn't stand up to Trump when he decided to allow oil drilling off our coast, especially when he exempted Florida from drilling in order to ensure election of goofy eyes Rick Scott..
I agree, especially with your first sentence. Republican Travis Allen toed the Trump party line to a "T" and therefore lost the gubernatorial primary here to his fellow Republican, John Cox. Cox then had an opportunity to appeal to moderates and independents in the general election (both groups in CA tend to have an overwhelmingly negative view of Trump), but when push came to shove, Cox crumbled and did not disavow Trump. Even if Cox might not be a fan of Trump, when Trump endorsed him, Cox said he would welcome Trump to campaign for him in California and that was more than enough to ensure he would lose the election.

You cannot win this state by kissing the a$$ of the California-hater-in-chief.

(Bold mine.)

Old 08-14-2019, 07:36 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
The reason Republicans aren't getting elected in California IS Trump, do we have to ignore the obvious? Many of Trump's policies have been directed at California with the aim to hurt the State. My cousin lives in Dana Point, he's politically very conservative but he registered as an independent when the California Republicans didn't stand up to Trump when he decided to allow oil drilling off our coast, especially when he exempted Florida from drilling in order to ensure election of goofy eyes Rick Scott.

And I didn't call anyone names, why are you so hostile? If you want to spend your day sharing stories about the wonderful things Trump does every day without being bothered by people who disagree with you try Reddit r/The _Donald .
You're calling me sore loser right off the bat and I'm the one that's hostile? Lol okay.

If anything is an echo chamber is here in the CA sub forums, there's three or four of you that gang up and drown out others.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
According to who? You in your worldview? I thought you weren't a prisoner of ideologies, but here you happily stick to a stereotype of blue leaners.
What “according to who”? Explain what you are referring to please.

In what way do I exhibit “imprisonment by ideology”? Explain what you are referring to please.

Defense of minorities is a “stereotype” of blue-leaners? Hahahahahahahaha ... yes. For good reason: truth.

You still haven’t defined “racism” as you use the term.

Nor answered how / why / who liberals are “racists”.

If you are not capable of cogent dialogue explaining your thoughts maybe you should stick to topics you have expertise in such as electrical engineering?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County