Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 04:14 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,720,363 times

Advertisements

IMO, Brea, Huntington Beach, Lake Forest, Los Alamitos, Villa Park and Yorba Linda are the most traditionally conservative cities in Orange County due to larger working-class white populations. Dana Point, Newport Beach and San Clemente likely constitute the next tier of conservatism in Orange County because, while people in those cities are fiscally conservative, they act and look more stereotypically liberal (i.e., country club Republicans), probably because they have more money. Unfortunately, I’m not that familiar with Ladera Ranch, Coto de Caza, Rancho Santa Margarita, etc.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:25 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,299,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by condohunting View Post
Hopefully not that many. The less MAGA we have in California the better. The entire reason I moved out of the south was to get away from those types.
Feel free to leave any time. CA's quality of life has not improved since it became a one party state.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:27 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Hopefully not that many.
The less MAGA we have in California the better.

The entire reason I moved out of the south was to get away from those types.
Get away from the coast about 10 miles and it's pretty much the South.

Old 06-05-2021, 01:02 AM

508 posts, read 615,977 times
Quote:
Hopefully not that many.
The less MAGA we have in California the better.

The entire reason I moved out of the south was to get away from those types.
I feel this. I didn't move for that reason, but it played a factor. Honestly, I am disappointed with how red a lot of people tend to be here. When I first moved I thought I would be relatively safe from the bs of the far right...I learned quickly that is in fact NOT the case. I will say this though, a Republican politician in California would be considered a Democrat in the South.

Old 06-05-2021, 02:18 AM

82 posts, read 126,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Scott View Post
I feel this. I didn't move for that reason, but it played a factor. Honestly, I am disappointed with how red a lot of people tend to be here. When I first moved I thought I would be relatively safe from the bs of the far right...I learned quickly that is in fact NOT the case. I will say this though, a Republican politician in California would be considered a Democrat in the South.
You should go up to the Bay Area, San Francisco or Oakland. That should be more to your liking. No right wing BS, but plenty of left wing BS. Better yet, just go back home to the South if you're so disappointed in the the place that you moved to?

If a Republican in California would be a Democrat in the South, then why didn't Republicans in California and Democrats in the South both vote for the same person. Last I checked, Republicans in California voted for Trump and Democrats in the South voted for Biden. Hmmm, I guess the two are not so much alike.

Old 06-05-2021, 09:42 AM

6,369 posts, read 2,703,569 times
There is an anecdotal way to determine this but seems to play itself out every time.

On any major Holiday such as Memorial Day or the upcoming Flag Day go drive around various areas. The cities and areas that tend to be more Conservative will have significantly more flags put out by residents and more likely to have flags placed along major city streets. Areas that tend to be more Liberal tend to have fewer flags and rarely any flags placed along major city streets.

Old 06-05-2021, 12:24 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,299,218 times
Quote:
I feel this. I didn't move for that reason, but it played a factor. Honestly, I am disappointed with how red a lot of people tend to be here.
What does that mean even? What is "disappointing"? How does it effect your life?

Quote:
When I first moved I thought I would be relatively safe from the bs of the far right...
What does THAT mean? You thought you'd be in a place where everyone believed what you believe? What is "unsafe" about the views of people who believe differently fromyou?

Quote:
I learned quickly that is in fact NOT the case. I will say this though, a Republican politician in California would be considered a Democrat in the South.
And a Democrat in California would be considered just another Politburo member in the old USSR.

Old 06-13-2021, 04:32 PM

121 posts, read 158,180 times
@queensguy72

Hey Man- I think I can give you some insight on this since I live in one of the last areas of Orange County that can still be somewhat considered Reagan County (and Trump country to a lesser extent).

The reality is that Orange County is a purple county and sadly it's trending blue. While not exclusive a fair majority of Trump voters are older white people and they are retiring out of state or leaving to more free areas of the country.

Over the past 2 years in my tight knit street of 11 homes in the hills of North Tustin we have had 2 people pass away (one flew bombers in WW2 and the other also served in Korea) and the others left for Texas and Arizona.

More than half of my circle is headed out soon because the absurdness of the one party system in California does not paint a rosy picture for the free minded or the pennywise.

My dear friend that lives in Turtle Ridge Irvine is putting his house on the market as we speak. He has 12 employees for his distribution business and is leaving.

My wife works for one of the big software companies in The Silicon Valley and has to creatively hide her politics to get along and we are also leaving this place within the next 10 months.

Despite the great weather, food options, ocean, etc it just is not worth it anymore and I would advise you look elsewhere unless its taxes, crowds, and political suffering that you desire. If you have 4+ million in the bank and a great source of income, then you should be fine you are willing to bury your head in the sand.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers

Old 06-13-2021, 04:46 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,689,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheIce View Post
@queensguy72

Hey Man- I think I can give you some insight on this since I live in one of the last areas of Orange County that can still be somewhat considered Reagan County (and Trump country to a lesser extent).

The reality is that Orange County is a purple county and sadly it's trending blue. While not exclusive a fair majority of Trump voters are older white people and they are retiring out of state or leaving to more free areas of the country.

Over the past 2 years in my tight knit street of 11 homes in the hills of North Tustin we have had 2 people pass away (one flew bombers in WW2 and the other also served in Korea) and the others left for Texas and Arizona.

More than half of my circle is headed out soon because the absurdness of the one party system in California does not paint a rosy picture for the free minded or the pennywise.

My dear friend that lives in Turtle Ridge Irvine is putting his house on the market as we speak. He has 12 employees for his distribution business and is leaving.

My wife works for one of the big software companies in The Silicon Valley and has to creatively hide her politics to get along and we are also leaving this place within the next 10 months.

Despite the great weather, food options, ocean, etc it just is not worth it anymore and I would advise you look elsewhere unless its taxes, crowds, and political suffering that you desire. If you have 4+ million in the bank and a great source of income, then you should be fine you are willing to bury your head in the sand.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers
LOL, this makes my heart sing. To hear OC will eventually turn blue as the boomers and racists die off. See ya! Ta ta.... don't let the door hit you all on the way out, Trumpers. Byyyyye. Farewell. Glad it's happening.

Old 06-13-2021, 04:59 PM

121 posts, read 158,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
LOL, this makes my heart sing. To hear OC will eventually turn blue as the boomers and racists die off. See ya! Ta ta.... don't let the door hit you all on the way out, Trumpers. Byyyyye. Farewell. Glad it's happening.
I'm sure your heart will sing in an echo chamber where everyone else thinks like you as you make infantile assumptions.

The people I mentioned leaving are leaving with millions and in some cases multi million dollar businesses.
These are educated, intelligent people who have built businesses and want to protect their wealth and freedoms.

Have you ever heard of Taxes, Corporate tax rates, Regulations, Employment laws, Inheritance tax, Exit taxes...what about Newsom's 'bow down taxes' headed your way (social experiments and homeless programs are not free)?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County