Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:14 PM

136 posts, read 463,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelenyne View Post

who wouldn't want to promote diversity in a diverse world? the more you know, the more you grow.
Me. How does promoting our differences bring us together? We should not celebrate our differences, but we should embrace our similarities. We are Americans, and that is the only label that matters. People need to stop grouping by skin color and start acting like Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 11:11 PM

2 posts, read 8,910 times
I grew up in Orange County and your right, there aren't many black people there. The reason why doesn't really matter.. I mean, like most of us - we wouldn't want to live somewhere if we would be the only family of our "race" in that particular neighborhood... Also there are plenty of hispanic, white and asian gang members in O.C. that would ignorantly lash out on an innocent bistandard as it is..Obviously, ..we all know that being a black man or woman in this country is hard enough.. Just isn't the smartest thing to do.

Anyway - who wants to live in Orange County, unless you have to? It pretty much sucks there in my opinion. If all of the O.C. was as beautiful as Laguna Beach..then I could understand the hoopla....BUT DAMN....IT TAIN'T ALL THAT!!!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 07:14 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngmoney View Post
People need to stop grouping by skin color ....

If only the government would do that....

Old 02-03-2009, 09:34 PM

4 posts, read 23,067 times
"dldavis" who wants to be left alone needs to be alone on

a remote island (not the caribbean) and take the child

molesters, gang members, lazy liberal people/w ten kids,

and rapist with him! Thank God!

Old 02-12-2013, 05:01 PM

88 posts, read 168,335 times
OC does not have a black community or a black pop. There is no way OC is 2.1% black, that would mean that 1 out of 50 people there are black. OC is more like 0.7% black and < 0.2 in south OC. What black person would want to move there with all the stigma and racism waiting for them. No thank you.

By the way, Any black people that raise their poor children in that racist cesspool called the OC should have their kids taken away form them for Child abuse. Black people, dont raise your children in Orange county.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:38 PM

32 posts, read 126,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stucknthesouth View Post
"dldavis" who wants to be left alone needs to be alone on

a remote island (not the caribbean) and take the child

molesters, gang members, lazy liberal people/w ten kids,

and rapist with him! Thank God!
I know this is old. but you must be talking about white peope All i see in the news doing that sort of thing. don"t forget eating people as well

Old 02-14-2013, 08:54 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,814,391 times
I dated a black girl for a while when I was living in Newport and never experienced in your face racism
from white people like I did from Hispanics and Asians towards blacks.(too many incidents to even relate) It was almost like, "seriously are you kidding." I never saw racist behavior living in the South like I saw in OC. Know full well all all about OC'S white racist past and have always expected to see the worst, but what I see these days is the new kind of tension between latinos and black people ..nobody seems to talk about it..very strange. The reason I bothered to even post this is to give some kind of reality check and balance in the sea of the typical but dated 2.0 version of lily white racists comments on the OC thread.

Last edited by Scott5280; 02-14-2013 at 09:06 AM..

Old 02-19-2013, 12:30 PM

445 posts, read 864,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
I dated a black girl for a while when I was living in Newport and never experienced in your face racism
from white people like I did from Hispanics and Asians towards blacks.(too many incidents to even relate) It was almost like, "seriously are you kidding." I never saw racist behavior living in the South like I saw in OC. Know full well all all about OC'S white racist past and have always expected to see the worst, but what I see these days is the new kind of tension between latinos and black people ..nobody seems to talk about it..very strange. The reason I bothered to even post this is to give some kind of reality check and balance in the sea of the typical but dated 2.0 version of lily white racists comments on the OC thread.
Don't be surprised. A lot of Asians and Hispanics think they are better than blacks. It's like "We may not be white but at least we aren't black" kind of attitude. IMO.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:51 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,838,044 times
Black family reports hate crimes in Yorba Linda - Los Angeles Times

Last edited by bhcompy; 02-22-2013 at 06:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County