Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2008, 04:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,487 times

Advertisements

I live in Northern Calif but moving so So Cal..I'll be working at Camp Pendleton and I'm looking for a VERY NICE area to rent an apt or condo..Not willing to spend tooooo much but it has to be a very nice area..I don't want to be around no gangs, I've read other post that Oceanside is filled with gangs....Someone please help me...thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 06:00 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valdenise View Post
I live in Northern Calif but moving so So Cal..I'll be working at Camp Pendleton and I'm looking for a VERY NICE area to rent an apt or condo..Not willing to spend tooooo much but it has to be a very nice area..I don't want to be around no gangs, I've read other post that Oceanside is filled with gangs....Someone please help me...thank you
Please define "toooooo much" I know you are coming from another high cost of living area ( N Cal) but most of the world's definition of high rent is the entry level in OC/ So Cal.

Working in Pendleton you could easily commute from any place in OC as far north as Irvine or Tustin in 45 minutes. So you would have a ton of options in all those communties going up the I-5.

Also, suggest you post in the San Diego forum. There's also alot of nice areas in North San Diego county beyond Oceanside. Lastly, depending on your circumstances, you may want to look inland from Pendelton in Fallbrook or up & down the I-15 from Temecula to Escondido.

Basically you have alot of options!

Old 12-09-2008, 11:23 PM
tew

209 posts, read 633,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valdenise View Post

No no no. Look to living in SD county if your going to be working at Pendleton. I lived in Oceanside for 2 years while my husband was in the Marines and it was great. I guess it depends on what entrance from the base your going to be going in. That will decide where you should move to. Dont think of OC cause with no traffic it would take 45 min if your lucky. I know cause I lived in Oceanside and went back to OC to family every week and I did the drive after rush hour.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:18 AM

56 posts, read 278,722 times
Ladera Ranch is super nice....south orange county. 45 minutes from the base.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:22 AM

56 posts, read 278,722 times
also, my best friend is a marine...and she was stationed at pendleton. i remember her mentioning an area called talega alot. nice condos that some of the older marines chose to live in for a feeling of independence. check it out.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:31 PM

53 posts, read 375,120 times
Try renting a house or unit on the east side of Fallbrook, Gird Valley. Heavenly.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:06 PM

58 posts, read 161,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallbrook View Post
Try renting a house or unit on the east side of Fallbrook, Gird Valley. Heavenly.
Overall. is Fallbrook a nice area?

Old 05-17-2009, 06:12 PM

53 posts, read 375,120 times
I've lived all over California, including some great spots like Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Coronado. But Fallbrook is hands-down my favorite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County