Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 07:22 PM

39 posts, read 214,731 times

Advertisements

I think there is some nice shopping and restaurants too ???? Like Dos Lagos on the 15? I guess I am just not that hard to please. I am mostly worried about the commute. I think I will adjust to the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 11:24 PM

9 posts, read 40,472 times
Default Living in Corona vs. OC

I grew up in OC and after a series of events ended up in Riverside County. Sure, I have a larger home, but the novelty soon wore off!.

You have to drive an hour to get near the beach, and you are restricted to your house during the summer because it's too hot to go outside and do anything!!

There is definitely much more gang activity out here. Our neighborhood looks beautiful and is on a golfcourse, but we recently had a gang walk down the street in the middle of the night breaking into cars.

We are currenty in the process of moving back to our hometown in OC and are so thankful.

Just my experience out here!!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:23 AM

619 posts, read 2,167,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailfish View Post
I grew up in OC and after a series of events ended up in Riverside County. Sure, I have a larger home, but the novelty soon wore off!.

You have to drive an hour to get near the beach, and you are restricted to your house during the summer because it's too hot to go outside and do anything!!

There is definitely much more gang activity out here. Our neighborhood looks beautiful and is on a golfcourse, but we recently had a gang walk down the street in the middle of the night breaking into cars.

We are currenty in the process of moving back to our hometown in OC and are so thankful.

Just my experience out here!!
haha... I bought a home in Corona in December last year and after a month of living in Corona I put the house up for sale...It closed yesterday. Im now back in OC and couldn`t be happier. By the time smoke cleared I lost 10k on the house but happy to be out of there. It took me one month and a loss of 10k to realize that Inland Empire is not worth it....the big house, the views, are not practical things that you need every day. What ppl need everyday is convenience not luxury. Convenience meaning being close to your work, beach, airports, stores, good weather etc. OC has all that. IE is not for everyone.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:52 AM

9 posts, read 40,472 times
Default Living in Corona vs. OC

I'm still in IE, not in Corona but in French Valley, which is close to Murrieta. Same hot weather.

Sailfish

Old 04-19-2009, 11:50 AM

211 posts, read 544,491 times
Were any of you using the Fast Track. I am looking at buying right off Green River Rd. Have to make decision by end of the month.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:53 PM

4 posts, read 5,559 times
Ohhhh... the traffic! We moved from CA to SC back in 2001 and we're considering moving back to CA again, but looking at the pluses vs. the minuses. We did a 7 month stint in Corona (cheaper apartment WITH a washer n' dryer - but we paid in traffic!). I worked in Santa Ana and my husband worked in Huntington Beach. I remember I used to wake up at 4:00am so we could leave by 5:00am (car-pooled it to our jobs). DH would drop me off at my job at around 7:00am - 7:20am, then he'd continue on another 20 - 30 minutes to HIS job. We never got home until around 7:00pm, sometimes later! (Not an ideal situation if you have or want a family!). It sucked! I then got permission to start my job at 9:00 instead of 8:00, then started using the Fast Track (does it still go WAY up when the traffic is bad? LOL). I could then use my own car and make it to work in an hour then - BIG difference. Still - it was an hour of my day wasted (each way) and the Fast Track was costing us around $120 a month - just not worth it. We ended up moving back to OC and me only having a 15 min. commute. THEN it was heaven. I would seriously NOT live in Corona if my job was NOT in Riverside County. Seriously - you won't enjoy your house... 'cause you'll be spending more time trying to get places!

Old 04-22-2009, 09:25 PM

39 posts, read 214,731 times
Does anyone take the metrolink? My job is just 5 minutes from the metrolink. Does anyone know how reliable it is?

Old 09-30-2009, 12:35 AM

12 posts, read 27,479 times
Hi, The 91 freeway will be added 1 more lane for the east bound. This project wiill star the end of 2009, and will open to the public in 2011. Please go to: www. octa. net: seach : better for 91 will have all information about freeway 91 improvement.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:10 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,190,373 times
That extra lane isn't going to make that much difference. Bottom line, if you don't work in the IE, don't move to the IE. Plain & simple. If you need "affordable" housing (IE still isn't my idea of affordable), just leave state.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:47 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,781,350 times
Dude, I used to work in the City of Orange back in the early 1980's when I was still living in Corona. The rush hour commute took an hour to go 20 miles heading east. It is probably worse now.

And then there was the morning I got on the 91 FWY at Main St. in Corona to go to a business meeting heading westbound. At Green River, traffic came to a dead stop. 45 minutes later, I finally got to the Yorba Linda border, which should have taken me only 10-15 minutes. I ended up completely missing the meeting as a result.

Corona's population had been growing by leaps and bounds and that morning was the last straw. I decided to throw in the towel and I moved to Yorba Linda. Made life MUCH easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County