Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 11:44 AM

916 posts, read 3,700,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lglynn View Post
Great info! We are more mom and pop so I appreciate the description. Thank you!

I recommend you spend a day in Belmont Shore and check it out.

Go eating and shopping on 2nd Street. That is the main drag.

Alamitos Bay is the locals beach (along Bay Shore Ave. down through the Peninsula across from Naples).

Best way to find rentals is to drive around but you can check the local paper Gazettes Town-News > Front for listings.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 01:23 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
To avoid the traffic, you should live in Montana.

Running between Long Beach and S.B will not be pleasant. You could live in between (Rancho Cucamonga maybe?) but it is hot and pretty much ick there.

Perhaps you oculd purshase one of those little helicopters. Or hire a driver so that you can work or rest, or make calls or whatever, while you commute.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:53 PM

3,245 posts, read 6,302,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesRes View Post
If you want newer, tract style homes where you drive to shopping malls with chain stores, restaraunts then OC is the place for you.

If you want older and new, custom homes where you walk to unique shops, eateries, etc then a place like Belmont Shore is for you.

Both are safe and nice so that really isn't the issue. It's a matter of cultural preference. Do you want to spend your weekends driving to the local Cheesecake Factory or do you want to walk to a mom and pop? Not knocking either. Different strokes...

This is not true. Orange County has tons of good authentic restaurants all over the place! Even if I lived in Belmont Shore I would be going to Orange County frequently for the restaurants.

Persian (http://www.daryasouthcoastplaza.com/dinner-menu.htm - broken link)

Indian

Korean

Chinese Seafood (http://www.tentenseafoodrestaurant.com/tentenseafoodrestaurant/ - broken link)

Vietnamese Fine Dining

La Casa Garcia (http://lacasagarcia.com/seafood.htm - broken link)

Nick's Pizza D'oro

Old 05-02-2009, 04:47 AM

241 posts, read 940,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post

This is not true. Orange County has tons of good authentic restaurants all over the place! Even if I lived in Belmont Shore I would be going to Orange County frequently for the restaurants.
pretty right only that though.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:54 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lglynn View Post
I just accepted an offer and will be moving to Orange County. My position will have me covering all of Long Beach and San Bernadino County. Where would be the ideal place to live to avoid the majority of traffic? Looking for nice, safe place close to the beach if possible. Thanks!
Your territory does'nt make alot of sense from a geographc perspective. Long Beach is nowhere near S. Bernadino. The Norcal equivilant would be like having a territory that covered San Jose and Petaluma but skipped over SF.

I would suggest you get a feel for which part of that geography you will be spending the bulk of your time, where your fiance will work and go from there. Belmont is a great place - especailly for a young DINK- but you'll be hating life if you have to drive to SB 4 out of 5 days a week from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County