Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 09:56 AM

16 posts, read 57,382 times

Advertisements

Huntington Beach I run a Learn to Swim School. My instructors teach the little ones survival swimming. They set them up for my aspect of Coaching. I run a swim team for young children with all four competitive strokes.
Besides that I teach adults how to swim and others refine their stroke for Triathlons and Races.
Anyone who does Triathlons I can help sharpen the swimming aspect and anyone who is recovering from injuries (i.e.knee) can use swimming to continue the cardiovascular training while strengthening the affected area without any unnecessary abuse.
Thanks,
Matthew Olaya
Swim Venture
Huntington Beach
molaya@swimventure.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 12:20 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
The YMCA is a much better deal.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:00 PM

16 posts, read 57,382 times
Default Pay for what you get!

Hello,
Just like everything in life, you pay for what you get.
Has anyone bought or paid for a service to be done
and paid the lowest price thinking it would be the best
option?
If so what are the chances that you walked out with
no problems?
I know personally being cheap with money I have spent
more on certain things than they were really worth.

Same concept goes for swimming.
Swimming is a real technical sport and not many people can
teach it with proper awareness of the science aspect.

My name is Matthew Olaya and I graduated from Cal State University
of Northridge with a B.S in Kinesiology (Study of the Human Movement).
I swam for over 12 years which 4 of those years were swimming for
a Division I NCAA Swim Team. 20+ hours a week with only 3 absences
allowed per season. Season roughly being 6 months. We were practicing
2x per day 6 days a week.

Not only did I learn a lot in school with Text Books but I actually applied it to myself everyday. I have both experience in sports and knowledge in the lecture side of Kinesiology.

I guarantee you that my time and your time is valuable and with the tools that I give you, you will be able to do what you came in to do.

So before listening to people which are closed minded and think that price is put before quality is completely wrong and should seek out before talking.

Just like anything in life you do not know anything till you have experienced it. Until you have experience it then you have the right to voice your opinion of your experience. Not everyone likes and feels the same things!

I am trying to build a business which is built on Dedication, Passion, Trust and most importantly knowledge!

Thanks,
Matthew Olaya
Swim Venture
Huntington Beach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County