Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,998 times

Advertisements

I am looking at a unit in Canyon Villas Aliso Viejo and had some questions. I am not from the area and will be relocating.

How many 1 bedroom units are in Canyon Villas? According to my research there are three floor plans for 1 bedroom 1 bath unit. The smallest being 543 sq feet.

Does anyone live in one of these units that could offer me some feedback?Are you happy with the complex, the amenities, proximity to beach etc.

Are there any odd associations rules? I may only live in my unit part of the year until I move there fulltime in a few years. Can I rent out my unit. Are the convenants restricting that?

Is the HOA fiscally sound?

Do the monthly dues vary by unit. I am looking on redfin and see differing amounts some with one monthly amount and others with two monthly dues.

Do most of the residents rent their units or own?

Is this market likely to go up in costs or are there still some good deals to be had by waiting. My research tells me that condos in the range I am looking at are tending to stabilize but that the upper end of the housing market is next to fall.

Does the Mello Roos bond length differ by unit or is the complex under the same bond.

Is there surrounding area bike friendly. I am an avid cyclist. I know there are bike lanes but I am from the east coast and if you ride a bike out here the drivers act like it is a sport to see how close they can come to you without hitting you.

Any feedback you can give me would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 08:24 PM

82 posts, read 165,738 times
Default Aliso

I'm looking into these too. They seem to be a decent price but I can't tell for sure if further price drops are to be had here. I got some great feedback from people here recently and they made me realize that your first place (not sure if this applies to you) doesn't have to be your dream home.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:57 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,850,813 times
I lived in Canyon Villas in the 90s when they were still an apartment complex called Innsbruck. As an apartment they weren't bad, but I don't know if I'd buy one. I'm not sure what sort of upgrades they've made to the places before they turned them into condos, but I can't imagine they are much different than apartment living. The prices have dropped considerably since they were converted to condos.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:32 PM

8 posts, read 14,799 times
I rented the 1 bedroom 543 sq ft condo from someone who bought it a couple years ago. That floorplan is actually really open because of the way the kitchen is laid out. I LOVED living there. After they remodeled all the apartments and turned them into condos they looked great. I especially loved it because I was right above my own garage space so no one was living below me. The only reason I moved was to live closer to my work but otherwise I love that community. Unfortunately don't know much about the HOA. IMO it wouldn't be worth it to buy one of the units that have people living above or below. Mine had my garage below me and no one above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County