Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:58 AM

Location: Michigan BAY-BEH!!(Texan by birth, Michigander by choice!!)
183 posts, read 289,213 times

Advertisements

We are moving to OR later this summer and my hubby wanted to know what the laws were regarding bringing in pistols from other states. We each have a pistol and TX doesn't require a permit to have them. Are we going to have to get permits for them once we move to OR? Also, he wants to know what the cost of a seasonal hunting license is as well as the cost of a fishing license. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 12:10 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
This will give you some information about hunting and fishing licenses in Oregon:

Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

As far as various regulations regarding firearms...you need to check with the state itself to get the information that you need; if you do a search for that information it will turn up. I'm sure that someone here can tell you, but I think you should read the official regulations yourself so that you're dealing with the most accurate information possible.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:17 PM

Location: Michigan BAY-BEH!!(Texan by birth, Michigander by choice!!)
183 posts, read 289,213 times
Thanks! I will definitely see what I can find... just thought this might be a faster way to get answers rather than traipsing through government run websites.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:32 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
It's a good way to get general information but when you're dealing with firearms regs, it's best to get the official version. A well meaning person could tell you something that isn't the truth; it's happened before. The laws change so often it can be hard to keep up. There are probably people here who could give you fairly accurate information but you're going to want to double check it anyway before you move.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 06-08-2010 at 12:40 PM..

Old 06-09-2010, 06:14 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,640,475 times
Oregon has no permit system for pistol possession; only for concealed-carry (which is shall-issue for state residents).

As long as you are a legal US resident and not a felon, you can keep or purchase pistols in Oregon.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:59 PM

758 posts, read 2,372,596 times
Government-run websites in Oregon win awards. That's probably because there are many outstanding software engineers and web designers in the state.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:44 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,475,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiled View Post
Government-run websites in Oregon win awards. That's probably because there are many outstanding software engineers and web designers in the state.
Why, you must be a software engineer or web designer, Smiled!

Old 06-16-2010, 12:08 PM

716 posts, read 2,818,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLIZARD View Post
We are moving to OR later this summer and my hubby wanted to know what the laws were regarding bringing in pistols from other states. We each have a pistol and TX doesn't require a permit to have them. Are we going to have to get permits for them once we move to OR? Also, he wants to know what the cost of a seasonal hunting license is as well as the cost of a fishing license. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My advise is to get a lawyer on retainer if you plan to hunt and/or fish. The regulations are overwhelming.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:13 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,003,702 times
Oregon has some pretty stiff laws on hunting and fish, the best this is to get this years booklets on each. The regulations change every year as to when and where you can fish and hunt. As for the fees, my wife just paid 32.00 for her fishing license, I get the combo license but for me there is no charge.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:52 PM

758 posts, read 2,372,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Why, you must be a software engineer or web designer, Smiled!

Actually, no, I'm a finance person... but our state and local governments are generally excellent to deal with. And the State of Oregon website has won several awards.
I was recently at a confab where Genentech's rep spoke. He found our state easy to do business with - it was easy to get the necessary folks together and get permitting done quickly. Also, he praised our corporate tax structure (compared to California's).

So many folks bash government and its workers, that it's become a bit of a crusade with me to argue otherwise. I generally deal with county tax authorities and the Dept. of Corporations, and find those folks helpful and friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon