Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2007, 08:08 PM

4 posts, read 9,080 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm 49, retired from corporate and am looking for areas in Oregon to live. For those that live there, I'd like to describe a bit of what I'm looking for and see if you have some suggestions pls. I could either live in a small community in a reasonable distance from a bigger city or a medium sized community that has the elements below.

1. Cultural - Music
2. Green, beautiful, rivers, lakes, or ocean
3. Friendly, open minded with good gay/lesbian community
4. Overall, well educated and interesting people attracted to the community
5. Maybe a university.
6. A place where I could have a number of acres.
7. Maybe not the rainiest part of Oregon. I like the rain, but do need sunny days too.
8. Have a golden retriever, and would like a dog friendly area, with dog sports available relatively nearby.
9. Neat village or downtown.

I'll want to do some sort of fun and intersting venture at some point on my own, so a really great community is important to me.

Well, that's a start. Any ideas?

Shel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 09:27 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,853,238 times
Someone had a similar request. Check out this thread to see the suggestions.
Anyone know of a city that fits my criteria

It's going to difficult to find everything you want in a place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: