Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 12:36 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiredAfterLayoff View Post
It would not be in their best interest to contact the police given what I know because they are breaking the law. They advertise fake products online that they have no intention of delivering to the consumer and if you order it they give you something typically more desirable yet technically different with instructions of how to modify it to get the effect that you paid for. Surely any company would rather pay up than be know for that.
More threats? You are not helping your case any. You better see a lawyer and I'll bet the first thing he tells you is "Shut Up".

Old 01-22-2011, 01:27 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,625,785 times
Wow--you are totally ignoring a bunch of good advice and just continuing to use this forum as a place to vent your frustration. Seems like you're not ready to listen.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:04 PM

254 posts, read 653,500 times
I'm trying to get this straight they advertise fake products that if you order you get something different?

Old 01-22-2011, 03:51 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times
I just talked to the company. This guy may be a nutjob.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:00 PM

254 posts, read 653,500 times
You really called the company?

Old 01-22-2011, 04:16 PM

639 posts, read 1,599,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
I just talked to the company. This guy may be a nutjob.
may be?

Old 01-23-2011, 02:26 AM

67 posts, read 116,599 times
Quote:
Hi,

I'm in a weird situation for which I cannot find an example online and this forum seems to have a lot of employment related issues. I was recently employed in a high tech position where I was assigned to a project that was doomed to failure for technical reasons that I told them about. After the project failed as predicted they ended my employment for "budgetary reasons".

I have since received a letter informing me that I have been terminated for cause because I engaged in activities that violated policy after I got laid off. They also sent me a check that lacked money for a time period after the layoff for which they promised to pay me.

I have since contacted my former employer and demanded payment. He said that after I was informed of the lay off and sent home on my last day I was still technically an employee there despite being told that I was laid off.

Can you legally tell am employee that they have been laid off and terminate them later just because you think they published something online that makes you look bad?
The only one difference between laid off and termination for cause referes to unemployement compensation.
Otherwise, in both cases you are practically fired.
Hire an employement attorney. If you have a case, probably it will cost you around $300-500, but at least for one year you will have some money coming in.
At your next job, keep copies of correspondence in regard of projects you are responsible for. One day you might need them. Do not wait to the day of termination - you won't be able to access anymore your workplace computer

Old 01-23-2011, 02:44 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Oh and I do have a leg to stand on. I have inside information on marketing activities that mislead consumers and distributors. They have already been given noticed that payment is necessary to prevent these facts from becoming public knowledge.
Have fun behind bars. Blackmail is a felony. You should be out in 8 years with good behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon