Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 09:16 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,455,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Golden is on Coyote Creek Road. I've gone thru Golden many many times when i go up King Mountain. Golden isn't on a dead end road. The road goes from asphalt to gravel going up King Mountain. Many folks live all thru these mountains east & west of I-5.
This is correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 07:20 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
This is correct.
Thank You, bro.

Yep, Coyote Creek flows by across the road. Many years ago they were doing a lot of mining in the area. There are many hills of rock & dirt, with many small ponds around.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:24 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
All towns in Oregon are surrounded by woods and scenery and contain outdoorsy people.
What? You realize there is an entire state, not all of it is on I5.

Western Oregon yes, but more then a third of Oregon is desert, you should get out more.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:27 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times
Wouldn't tha be "More Woods" not Less, if they are not logging?

Actually it is right in a way as the untended brush fuel could destroy more forest.

"I love spotted owl, rosted and stuffed with snail darter.", is an old saying around here.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:39 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,455,954 times
I spend a lot of time in the Mt Hood National forest.
I have never ever in my life seen the dead trees and undergrowth so thick.
If we have a fire up there this summer, it's going to be one hell of a big one.

If it happens, it's going to do a hell of a lot more long term ecological damage than logging ever did.

But I guess that's OK, because it's "natural".

Old 06-06-2013, 03:21 PM

There are too many who have no stake in this who don't understand that.

Old 06-07-2013, 04:04 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Wouldn't tha be "More Woods" not Less, if they are not logging?

Actually it is right in a way as the untended brush fuel could destroy more forest.

"I love spotted owl, rosted and stuffed with snail darter.", is an old saying around here.
Fire is not the only thing that destroys forests.

https://www.google.com/search?q=east...tm%3B780%3B521

A good forest management plan can save a lot of trees, but on federal lands forest management is illegal.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:26 PM

9 posts, read 16,270 times
Augentier - I was so surprised to find your post about woodsy areas of Oregon, especially since you mentioned Grand Lake, Colorado. I left there in 2006 and am still homesick, but I can't live at that altitude anymore. I've also spent time in Roslyn, WA, and I know just what you mean about a village in the woods. I'm curious to see if you visited any of the suggested Oregon towns and what you think.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:34 PM

128 posts, read 183,228 times
I have not had the chance to visit too many of these towns...it seems Portland is sucking me in, and I don't like it! It's hard to leave the city without a car lol

Sometimes I take my friend's car and drive to Salem or out to the coast..we went to Tillamook recently. I need to make it a point to visit some of these towns next time I get the car for the weekend!

One thing is for sure though, Portland is convenient....but "city life" is sooo not for me. Too. Many. People.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augentier View Post
I have not had the chance to visit too many of these towns...it seems Portland is sucking me in, and I don't like it! It's hard to leave the city without a car lol

Sometimes I take my friend's car and drive to Salem or out to the coast..we went to Tillamook recently. I need to make it a point to visit some of these towns next time I get the car for the weekend!

One thing is for sure though, Portland is convenient....but "city life" is sooo not for me. Too. Many. People.

Portland has always seemed like a Woodsy town to me. At least more so than most big cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon