Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 09:34 AM

840 posts, read 6,514,145 times

Advertisements

I don't know how anyone can be scared of someone looking like this...

Herald and News: Klamath Falls, Oregon (http://www.heraldandnews.com/articles/2007/07/12/news/local_news/local3.txt - broken link)

Of course they had to target elderly folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 10:41 AM

7 posts, read 57,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1904 View Post
LOL
Gang activity in Klamath Falls? Not safe? There are no gangs and the town has very little crime. I'm originally from Southern California and Klamath Falls is a joke. Folks here (in Klamath) like to exaggerate. I've gotten a chance to talk with an ex-cop from Klamath and he said there are no gangs, all the kids are wannabe's and I have to agree. You'll see Sur-13 taggings, but that's about as bad as it gets. Actually, the graffiti is much better on the trains than the kids who do them here. Crime is low. The town is safe enough to walk around in the middle of the night and I've done it before.

I don't know where or who told you there's gang activity and Klamath is not safe... I wouldn't be surprised if it came from a native of Klamath Falls.
Check local law enforcement. They have a special task force set up between K Falls, Medford and Ashland just for the gang activity. They have had this going for about three years now. I live here. But not born here. Ready to move from here. KFalls that is.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:47 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,817,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRM2 View Post
Check local law enforcement. They have a special task force set up between K Falls, Medford and Ashland just for the gang activity. They have had this going for about three years now. I live here. But not born here. Ready to move from here. KFalls that is.
Check any metro area on the I-5 corridor and you'll find exactly the same thing. The fact that three cities can share a task force, instead of requiring a huge internal one, should tell you something.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:56 PM

3 posts, read 9,752 times
I have lived maybe 50 miles out of Klamath for the last 19 months.

We are spending the winter in town(K-Falls) this year to make my Wife more comfortable.

There is a little tagging but no roving gangs that I have been so far able to find.

Lots of normal folks are armed here, all legal and such.

People here seem to like to fish and hunt, so seeing folks in town covered in Camo and mud with rifles in the rack is not uncommon during hunting season.

Concealed carry here is 6 month living in the State, take a 3 hour class, pay the Sheriff $50.00 for a back round check and that's about it.

Crime here seems to relate to meth, and that seems to be white folks from the age of 15 to 60.

Little or no racial tensions here in Klamath, here people are people and most everyone so far seems to be Oregonian.

I have been thinking about buying a house where I saw a little tagging in the Alley, I will likely talk to the Sheriff's dept before I buy, but am not too concerned.

Have the way you are going to make a living set up before you move here.

A local joke is that Oregon is a native word that means "Poverty With a View" lots of people that would be thought of as poor in Socal, lots of small(under 900sq ft) homes.

A great place to live, nice people.

Andre

Last edited by Andre Dumouchel; 03-03-2009 at 05:21 PM..

Old 03-03-2009, 05:02 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,562 times
Klamath Falls has gangs? That seems out of proportion to the population! Does KF have an inner city also?
But, seriously you just need to follow the graffiti.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:33 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,745,110 times
And you would follow the graffiti to where?

Old 03-04-2009, 08:03 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,538,194 times
I lived and worked in K-Falls for 7 years. It has a fraction of the crime any other town it's size in Oregon may have. Mostly blue collar, hard working people who get more involved than the more progressive places.

I loved it there. Every minute.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:39 PM

15 posts, read 69,824 times
Smile safe!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosettegarbanz View Post
On my last couple of visits to Klamath I was really impressed at how many law officers were always visable. I'm from Central California and you have to wait hours for a policeman to show up. It made me feel very safe. I also thought the people in Klamath were very friendly. But, I did notice very few minorities working in retail establishments.(I'm taking population ratio into consideration) Being a minority myself I'm worried about obtaining employment when I move there. I hope thats not the case. Is it?
I must admit, Klamath falls is a very safe town. My wife and I are moving there because of it . John and Dusty Eversoll

Old 05-13-2009, 10:05 AM

3 posts, read 9,752 times
Klamath is a nice place.

We made an offer on a house that has been accepted and are in escrow.

Jobs are tough to find here right now.

This winter was mild compared to last winter(2007/2008)

As far as taggers: unlike Sunny SoCal you can just walk into stores here and find paint in spraycans right on the shelves.

Very limited tagging and in just two places in town that I have found.

One, near the rail yard in the south part of town and a very little bit in an area called "Mills" which is pretty central built in the 1920s and 1930s.

Nothing to fear walking the street day or night here.

When the weather is nice(40f.+) you see people walking everywhere.

There are several walking/bike paths some of them 50+ miles long.

People are polite and kind, they will talk to you in the checkout lines at the store.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,760 times
We have bought two parcels up on Bly Mountain. We love the peace and quiet. The neigbors seem very private, and we appreciate that (as we like our privacy). We are planning on building in the next 5 years, but have heard that wells can be an issue in that area? any advice? and the Planning Department for Klamath County seems very laid back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon