Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 01:49 PM

780 posts, read 1,577,494 times

Advertisements

Today, I have learned a lot about Oregon politics....lol. And here I thought it was some very real scientific study. Guess I need to be more skeptical than the trusting soul I sometimes am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 03:35 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
I have participated in a medical study similar to this which was being done by a research organization doing work on finding a cure for a rare illness my cousin and I have. It's extremely rare for two people in one family to have it. I knew all about the facility doing the research and the people doing it.

I don't know anything about this guy. I don't know anything about his being a politician. But just the fact that he ran for something doesn't make him any more credible to me. Mailing a specimen is ridiculous. If someone was seriously going to ask for this I would say bring it in. This doesn't look like a really controlled experiment. I would definitely pass. I wouldn't vote for him either.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:55 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times
I supported Art in both elections, and if he runs again, he will have my backing again.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:45 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
I supported Art in both elections, and if he runs again, he will have my backing again.
Once again you try to get involved in politics where you don't belong. Since you don't live within 100 miles of his district, your support means nothing.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Once again you try to get involved in politics where you don't belong. Since you don't live within 100 miles of his district, your support means nothing.
Sorry Not true Larry. I campaigned for Art in Coos Bay, and last year I campaigned in Eugene.

PS. I am only a few miles from DeFazio's District and Lived in it until a few years ago. I know Pete and we have been on the campaign trail at the same time, so we have had many opportunities to talk. Art and I were also running at the same time.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
If figures that Pickering is a Robinson fan. Robinson's a whackaloon of the first order.

What do you think of Operation Pee, Steve? Is this something that you "support?"

Old 09-14-2013, 11:41 PM

You guys (and Gals) are gonna force me to tell my pee story. DeFazio and his Progressives would like people to believe Art is a loon, Just another DeFazio lie. And that lie is the only reason Pete is serving another two years. But at least he is serving. That's more than the keyboard commandos and armchair politician bashers can say.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:56 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Steve, I'm pretty sure we could all do without your pee story. You probably peed on someone's porch or something boorish like that.

Quote:
DeFazio and his Progressives would like people to believe Art is a loon,
Um, we're talking about a guy who wants to collect people's pee, Steve. DeFazio didn't make this up to discredit Art. Anyone who wants people to mail him their pee is a loon. That is all.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:14 AM

1,620 posts, read 2,300,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
You guys (and Gals) are gonna force me to tell my pee story. DeFazio and his Progressives would like people to believe Art is a loon, Just another DeFazio lie. And that lie is the only reason Pete is serving another two years. But at least he is serving. That's more than the keyboard commandos and armchair politician bashers can say.
No Steve, Art is a loon and so are you because you support him. How, in this day and age, anyone can support a wacko like Robinson is beyond me. Thank gawd most regular posters on this board and the four or five other forums we have been mutual members of know who and what you are.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:44 PM

Not most anything. Art almost beat Pete so a lot of reasonable people support him. If it wasn't for the Progressives Pete would be retired to his offshore hidaway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon