Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 11:59 AM

Location: Medford, NYC, Milano, Paris, Portugal, LA, Santa Barbara, Almalfi coast
31 posts, read 60,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
You can get most likely get all those beers at Shop 'N Kart in Ashland. I never lived in Medford(and never bought beer there except for picking up kegs at the distributor), but in Ashland there were plenty of places to buy good selections of beer.
Shop N Kart

I went there 2 months ago, my favorite grocery store in the valley.
Went there 2 wks ago and the beer section was closed, they were upgrading the coolers.

Went yesterday and wow is it nice now.
Best Bottle store in the RR Valley.
Nothing else even compares that i have seen. Was talking to the Sierra Nevada rep that was there giving out samples and he was saying Medford was way behind the curve, in a time warp beer wise.
In serious need of a good bottle shop and I couldn't agree more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 12:09 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,689,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory27 View Post
I never said i couldn't find beer.
Costco in Medford doesn't have craft beers when i looked last week, just your standard big brews.

If it wasn't clear what i was trying to say was i was surprised to find that very local close Brews were hard to find in bottles here.
Especially When I could find them in very small towns thousands of miles away.

Russian River Brewery Santa Rosa - Pliney

North Coast Brewery Fort Bragg - Old Rasputain

Sierra Nevada Brewery Chico - Seasonals

Ps Calif is better than Oregon in a lot of things
So is NYC, So is Bucks county PA, So is Paris France and Milan Italy.
Oregon is better than those places in a lot of things also.
No place is perfect.

pps : Tried a few Fort George brews the last few days and they are impressive!
Vortex IPA is special. be warned, it's a HOP BOMB.
I don't know the Rogue Valley very well, but I would say finding quality craft beer in Oregon isn't that hard at all. Now, in terms of finding Russian River's Pliny the Elder, that's an easy one. It's pretty coveted here in Bend, and because of that, when stores get a delivery, it goes fast (often selling out within an hour). It helps to know someone who can let you know when they get a delivery.

According to Russian River's website, here's the locations in Oregon you will find Pliny. It seems like many are pubs where you will find it on tap. It's much harder to find bottled in the store. As I said, it's highly coveted and often doesn't even make it on the shelves. Oregon Distributor

Old 05-15-2014, 02:52 PM

Location: Medford, NYC, Milano, Paris, Portugal, LA, Santa Barbara, Almalfi coast
31 posts, read 60,759 times
Market of choice in Ashland has a nice selection of beers that i haven't seen anywhere in the area.
A little pricey but no place else has what they have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon