Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 12:07 PM

3 posts, read 2,604 times

Advertisements

I am a born & raised Oregonian, and have had to live in the far North of California. So sticking with the law, I switched all of everything over to CA. Now I am in a situation where I can move back to my hometown in Oregon, and I am hoping that I can get the medicaid/OHP since I do have the medicaid program in California.

Does anyone know if this is possible to just have it transferred or will I need to go back on a waiting list. My main concern is I have a pacemaker, and not due for a new one for about or 9 years. I'm pretty healthy otherwise, but do need to have some dental work done soon, on a bridge I had put in about 25 years ago.

Anyway, maybe I can find some folks that have actually transferred their medicaid (which if I am understanding it correctly, is OHP). In CA it is called Partnership, but online it says it is medicaid. I just want to come home, and had found good housing, but it is not home. I am alone, 63, not disabled, simply drawing my SS retirement, although it didn't quite make it out of the low-income bracket.

Any help is appreciated Denise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 03:15 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by country1952 View Post
I am a born & raised Oregonian, and have had to live in the far North of California. So sticking with the law, I switched all of everything over to CA. Now I am in a situation where I can move back to my hometown in Oregon, and I am hoping that I can get the medicaid/OHP since I do have the medicaid program in California.

Does anyone know if this is possible to just have it transferred or will I need to go back on a waiting list. My main concern is I have a pacemaker, and not due for a new one for about or 9 years. I'm pretty healthy otherwise, but do need to have some dental work done soon, on a bridge I had put in about 25 years ago.

Anyway, maybe I can find some folks that have actually transferred their medicaid (which if I am understanding it correctly, is OHP). In CA it is called Partnership, but online it says it is medicaid. I just want to come home, and had found good housing, but it is not home. I am alone, 63, not disabled, simply drawing my SS retirement, although it didn't quite make it out of the low-income bracket.

Any help is appreciated Denise
Step 1. Find your housing, and get proof of residence.
Step 2. Go to the nearest SS office and switch your benefits over to Oregon.
Step 3. Go to the nearest Senior and Disability Services office, and apply for OHP and what ever other benefits you need.

The process to switch your benefits over can take some time, and you will probably lose some benefits in the interim. So you should visit those offices and start the process within a day or two after you move.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:12 AM

3 posts, read 2,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Step 1. Find your housing, and get proof of residence.
Step 2. Go to the nearest SS office and switch your benefits over to Oregon.
Step 3. Go to the nearest Senior and Disability Services office, and apply for OHP and what ever other benefits you need.

The process to switch your benefits over can take some time, and you will probably lose some benefits in the interim. So you should visit those offices and start the process within a day or two after you move.
Thank you so much, I didn't see this email until this a.m. I mean post

I so appreciate your help as I had tried calling the office in Salem to talk to them about it, but I was on hold for so long I gave up, for the time being

Sounds like you know your stuff so I won't ask further questions kaaboom

Old 07-03-2016, 08:42 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by country1952 View Post
Thank you so much, I didn't see this email until this a.m. I mean post

I so appreciate your help as I had tried calling the office in Salem to talk to them about it, but I was on hold for so long I gave up, for the time being

Sounds like you know your stuff so I won't ask further questions kaaboom
I find that it’s usually best to just walk in and visit government offices in Oregon. Even busy offices like the DMV usually have only a very short wait time. Then you can get all the paperwork you need right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: