Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 01:37 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taraconnor View Post
Hello; we have a rain-fall problem in Oregon now; it'w called DROUGHT. Oregon has the same,severe,hot,dry,no rain, drought ,for about ten years now, and Oregon is no longer wet and green as it was.It is permanently changed; we had horrible forest fires and massive smoke every where all this summer. Much disease and sinus infections, bronchitis, pneumonia and other illnesses. I came back here myself, to Portland, but I noticed every where, the spring to fall weather is now starting in the 90's and 80's, and this Sept. it's STILL 80 AND 90 DEGREES!

Oregon is DRYING UP.We can't give river-flows to California now, our farmers don't get enough water to grow crops.Oregon has become part of the California-drought problem.And it's permanent.Probably will get worse in time.I never thought I would see this day. Not HERE.You probably might have to find a wetter or newly-rainy state. Oregon just is getting badly dry; maybe our farming life will be badly affected.Well, it already is! Many of we Oregon-lovers feel as if a whole state is rapidly dying on us.It is truly horrible, like a bad nightmare. There must be some kind of "world climate change" going on, its the only explanation.

Where ever you look, to plan a move, among all the states now, you need to find out how, and how much, that state's weather is CHANGING. Do not assume the old weather-pattern is current, because most or all of the states are having EXTREME weather changes.And, it's happening faster, too. I also never thought I'd see the glorious state of California get their droughts to the point of desperate drought-emergency---to the disaster point. But my relative in northern California, says it is approaching that now.Those farmers would not know what to do; and everyone there is SCARED. California is a HUGE state, and the food-producer of the rest of USA. WHERE will THOSE many farmers get their water?

I was concerned about this ten years ago;I knew we all need water,and I lit back to Portland just for the rain; even I was fooled. Oregon dried up too! NEVER EVER thought I would see that! It's too much like science-fiction not reality.Do you realize what horrendous droughts will do? Crops need water; and the land must have rain! No rain,no crops, no food supply, SWOOSH! NO PEOPLE. And the science fiction is happening.

The powers-that-be did NOT WARN the population.THEY got the expert predictions,WHY these were kept from the public,I have no idea.Yes, there WERE predictions, at least some, but you had to dig for them.Even I had too much problem investigating. There were only "general, casual, unsure public hazy possibilities," but NOT any serious warning. I asked a lot of big meteorology, they all clammed up.--very suspiciously, and still claim"we don't know anything," with the tech they have now? BS!!There is no way they could not see ANY TRENDS HAPPENING. i don't believe all that meteorological dumb-act.

It is a dry summer, but we have had them before. Not exactly a drought. Your post seems to be more of a rant than informative about Oregon. The rains will come. Maybe too much. In fact, oh look! it is raining right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 06:16 PM

11 posts, read 14,332 times
Hmmm...we had to visit the Willamette Valley this summer; a bunch of us went there, and every time we had to go back to visit some guys living there, from spring, it was 93 degrees--thru summer, in 80's and 90's, and right now it's 80's and 70's. Where's the RAIN? We had people from CA, there too, and they said,"Man, we dig this Valley weather, it's just like Cali! Exactly!" They couldn't believe it. Our resident assoc. have to water the trees and garden, out of city water, otherwise they turn BROWN.

Unfortunately we had to visit the Valley several times this summer;OWW, allergies; my girl friend who lives there, said,"I just got over the bronchitis from the forest fire smoke, but my kid got sinus infections." That Valley got us like L.A.

Maybe way out in the small towns they're ok, but the Willamette Valley?--my friend said, it's still 75 degrees right now IN OCT.! She just talked on the phone.(ugh forest fire smoke all summer, yuck! We tried to cut our visits real short.)

That lousy traffic in Eugene! Gonna try to avoid the place next summer.WHY not just go to Alaska?Or some state with water? "Willamette Valley," we joked it was the "Smellamette Valley"! hah hah. Funny little ho-dunk city.

Last edited by taraconnor; 10-09-2014 at 06:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon