Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 09:55 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times

Advertisements

Bend covers the population centers of the eastern part, Then in the western half of the state, Eugene covers half way up, Portland at the top. and Salem 3/4 of the way up.
I think there should be Medford for the southern part of the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 11:03 PM

5,463 posts, read 8,182,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Bend covers the population centers of the eastern part, Then in the western half of the state, Eugene covers half way up, Portland at the top. and Salem 3/4 of the way up.
I think there should be Medford for the southern part of the state.
Bend covers Bend and the smaller nearby towns. The rest of Eastern Oregon, easily the largest part of Oregon area wise, is covered by the general Oregon forum.

Eugene covers the Eugene metropolitan area. Half way up is covered by the general Oregon forum.

Portland covers the Portland metro area.

Salem covers the Salem metropolitan area. 3/4 of the way up is covered by the general Oregon forum.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:48 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times
The Powers That Be tend to go by the number of posts when they create a subforum. If there were enough posts about the Medford/Rogue Valley they'd probably agree. As it is, I am surprised they don't ditch the very dead Salem and Eugene forums, which don't really have enough posts to justify an entire forum.

Having said that, I'd certainly prefer to have a Rogue Valley forum, but I don't think it is going to happen.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:04 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,290,523 times
I LIKE Eugene and Salem being separate because it weeds out everything not having to do with those areas. (Cuts down on the noise!)

Old 10-03-2014, 10:25 AM

5,463 posts, read 8,182,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Having said that, I'd certainly prefer to have a Rogue Valley forum, but I don't think it is going to happen.
Although they might appear to be chat rooms for locals, the C-D state forums and their sub-forums are supposed to be relocation forums.

The problem with geographical descriptions such as “Rogue Valley” is, most out-of-staters probably don't know what or where it is.

I remember a discussion about “Southern Oregon” a while back – the Oregonians here couldn't even agree where that is.

An exception would be “Oregon Coast.” It's obvious where that is and would probably make a good sub-forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon