Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 09:32 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to pass along some information, Oregon offers disabled veterans a number of benefits among them are, free passes to all Oregon state parks, free hunting and fishing licenses, license plates and exemptions for property taxes. You can contact your county veterans service officer for more information or visit this web site: State of Oregon: Veteran Benefits

You earned it, why not make use of it!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,559 times
Default Great news

Thanks for posting this Great information for me as i am a disabled OEF IV & OEF VII veteran and currently reside in Southern California. Unfortunely Vets here have to be at 100% disablilty to get any of them kind of benefits here. I'm planning on moving when i save enough money to do so. Oregon/washington Border is gonna be this mans final destination especailly with all of the benefits that you mentioned. Thanks again

Jamie Goff

Old 12-23-2014, 05:49 PM

318 posts, read 515,989 times
.... Indeed, "Mother Oregon" is treating her disabled veterans mighty fine.

.... For example, after recently returning back to Nebraska for another short sojourning (planning to return to eastern Oregon soon as weather permits), just for kicks I'd gone to DMV to see how much my license plates would be on my 8 year old Dodge van. $250.oo+ for one year counting the transfer & all. My designated veteran plates for the state of Oregon were only $117.oo... for life!

.... Another fine benefit is the Oregon State Parks pass, granting up to 10 days camping per month. That has helped a lot over the years, allowing for a little more affordable recreation, given my living on a small, fixed monthly income.

.... There are more benefits as well. Thanks, Terry, for pointing this out. Many eligible vets still have no idea about all these. Thanks to the state of Oregon for honoring her service-connected, disabled veterans. We very much appreciate the gestures. It is an honor in itself to have served our nation.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:43 AM

30 posts, read 73,364 times
Oregon does follow through with many things that really help Vets. There is a big V.A. Facility and Hospital in Roseburg, Oregon. Our place is about 18 miles away. Should really be a positive when we put our place on the market next year.

FYI....There is a V.A. Rep in the Douglas County Courthouse to assist Vets obtaining information and services.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:37 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,905,385 times
I am glad that Oregon is taking care of our veterans. I am sure more is to be done, in general, but good that this a good place for our vets. Thank you to the veterans especially this time of year.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,293 times
I'm at 70% disable veteran. I was wanting to know if i had the benifits posted.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:12 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,556,080 times
State of Oregon: Veteran Benefits

Old 11-10-2015, 08:53 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley-ronald 3 View Post
I'm at 70% disable veteran. I was wanting to know if i had the benifits posted.
Cooley, at 70% you qualify for all the benefits that Oregon has to offer as a disabled veteran. Have you also check in to have your rating changed to "unemployable"? At 70% or greater you can have a rating of "unemployable" (if you qualify) this way, you are still rated at 70% but paid at 100%. You then qualify for all the VA benefits at 100%. This means that if you are married, your wife is qualifies for ChampVA medical, your life insurance through the VA is paid for by the VA.

You might want to contact your county VSO or some service org like VFW, American Legion or DAV.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:49 AM

41 posts, read 48,515 times
Hi All, I just had a question... probably in the wrong place on this thread maybe, and you will have to take it from me, that I am ignorant on U.S. policies and politics and military information as I am not an American, although hoping to be next year...... but I just saw the Veterans heading when I was posting on another thread and wanted to ask a question that has always puzzled me. I can see in Oregon that War Veterans are seemingly looked after which is great.

I received an email this morning from a realtor saying it was Veterans Day today....... and it said about how War Veterans of all wars are honoured. What I am not understanding is from everything I have read over the years, right up to today, there seems to be in the U.S. a total lack of respect and honour towards War Veterans...... so what am I missing here?

I find it really sad that so many Veterans have put their lives on the line, whether volunteered or called up, and yet when they have returned they are seemingly treated like second class citizens, whether they have mental issues or not is besides the point. From what military Personnel must see and have to do in a war situation !!! well, I can only imagine the horror and how it would be unforgettable !

So, why the disrespect?

As I said earlier, maybe there is a bigger picture here, but I fail to see what it is and welcome being enlightened as I find it tragic !

Last edited by Jules007; 11-11-2015 at 04:54 AM..

Old 11-11-2015, 08:30 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,538,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules007 View Post
Hi All, I just had a question... probably in the wrong place on this thread maybe, and you will have to take it from me, that I am ignorant on U.S. policies and politics and military information as I am not an American, although hoping to be next year...... but I just saw the Veterans heading when I was posting on another thread and wanted to ask a question that has always puzzled me. I can see in Oregon that War Veterans are seemingly looked after which is great.

I received an email this morning from a realtor saying it was Veterans Day today....... and it said about how War Veterans of all wars are honoured. What I am not understanding is from everything I have read over the years, right up to today, there seems to be in the U.S. a total lack of respect and honour towards War Veterans...... so what am I missing here?

I find it really sad that so many Veterans have put their lives on the line, whether volunteered or called up, and yet when they have returned they are seemingly treated like second class citizens, whether they have mental issues or not is besides the point. From what military Personnel must see and have to do in a war situation !!! well, I can only imagine the horror and how it would be unforgettable !

So, why the disrespect?

As I said earlier, maybe there is a bigger picture here, but I fail to see what it is and welcome being enlightened as I find it tragic !
I am a war vet and have always felt appreciated. When people find out, they seem to go out of their way to say something nice.

Now, to be sure, there is one end of the political landscape in this country that does not like the military and therefore has little respect for veterans, but this is to be expected in a society as ours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: