Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 12:48 AM

270 posts, read 326,041 times

Advertisements

You will never be happy in Oregon, because-- even aside of pivotal concerns such as crown moldings-- Oregon has come to represent to you the relocation conflict with your wife. Nobody (whom I have yet encountered) gets that upset over pictures of houses with moss.

Best of luck to you; hope you two can work it out.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:04 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrogg View Post
You will never be happy in Oregon, because-- even aside of pivotal concerns such as crown moldings-- Oregon has come to represent to you the relocation conflict with your wife. Nobody (whom I have yet encountered) gets that upset over pictures of houses with moss.

Best of luck to you; hope you two can work it out.

I think at this point, the OP and his wife could move to Paradise and the OP would be unhappy. It's pretty obvious the state of Oregon is not the issue here. There is no need, IMO, for people here to feel they must continue to defend Oregon to him.

Having moved cross country twice in my life, the best advice I could give is that no one should do it unless they were really certain it was the right thing to do. There are many good reasons for moving from one state to another. Relocating to please someone else is not one of those reasons.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:21 AM

812 posts, read 1,062,281 times
I was born in Minnesota.
My parents left when I was a wee tot.
I was always told that people need big, fancy houses in Minnesota because they have to spend so much time indoors, due to Monster Mosquitoes, hot summers with high humidity, and insanely cold snowy winters. You better have a place where you can be comfortable indoors.

On the other hand, I worked with a guy that moved from Minnesota to the PNW. His favorite thing about living in Minnesota was winter backpacking. No mosquitoes. The cold and snow was a feature for him.

Thank gawd we don't all want to live in the same place! Different strokes for different folks.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:49 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,690,487 times
As this thread doesn't seem to be conjuring up any useful information anymore, it is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon