Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 01:22 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by therese marie View Post
McFrostyJ.. do you get internet there and good cell service?? and TV.. ha ha.. three things we must have
Yes to all three!
Couldn't have said that a few years ago but very glad that I can now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaidpa View Post
I'm not really sure if it is in Mt Hood Village... the link you posted definitely has some cabins that look like the one I was looking at, but the address is actually "Welches" on the listing...but maybe that just covers a wide area.
If this is the cabin you are looking at...
https://www.redfin.com/OR/Mount-Hood...home/105478373

...then yes, it is in Mt Hood Village which is actually about 2 miles west of Welches.
It's beautiful in there and you don't have to worry about flooding. They have a pool, hot tub, fitness center, game room, fire pit area, bike and hiking trails and much more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 03:49 AM

86 posts, read 106,398 times
Yes! That is it. I haven't heard of Redfin before but I see that it has the feature "hot home" and says theres a 75% chance this property may sell tomorrow Darn. I am going to try to call, but I am betting it will go this week. I will keep my eyes open for other properties up there for sure. I could purchase a cabin and rent it out until I'm ready to move.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:07 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,726 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
Yes, I thought it looked awesome! It looks so cozy. I am hoping that is the lease fee and that it isn't additional. I emailed to find out more. Thank you!
Price for that home is $50,000 (450 sq ft)+ $450 per month HOA + utilities.

According to my cost structure planning that would equate to $1300 / month to keep the place breathing and alive. (I use 1% of purchase price as ROE, and add extras like utilities, insurance, taxes, and HOA), since this is probaby titled as a mobile home, there will be annual license fee, but not property taxes.

I use that number in case I ever have to rent it out to survive. (In case I move, end up in hospital LT ...)

Being strapped with $450 / month HOA is pretty steep. See if it includes any utilities.... Likely only water is my guess. Also check out the parking. It would be preferred to have a covered space due to snow and incessant rain. My cars leak rain...

Old 05-16-2016, 07:05 PM

86 posts, read 106,398 times
I called. The little cabin sold yesterday. I'm going to stay tuned for other listings because it seems like a cool place. The fees included water, sewer, trash, snow removal, and cable, which I thought was pretty good. Way better than the "tiny house" options I've been looking at because those are basically RVs (well, I think they are RVs). And yes, StealthRabbit they are manufactured/mobile homes. That area is definitely on my list to visit. Thank you all for your input!

Old 05-17-2016, 10:27 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,726 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
. Way better than the "tiny house" options I've been looking at because those are basically RVs (well, I think they are RVs). ..!
They are actually mobile homes, (park models), but due to SF smaller than 500, they are designated RV.

You won't see them towed around Behind pickup trucks because they are designed for permanent set-up / utility connections, not daily travel and connect. If installed correctly, They will be fine in winter conditions.be sure to have an alternative heat source if in rough climate that may have prolonged power failures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: