Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2006, 08:41 AM

257 posts, read 1,081,206 times

Advertisements

Hi, If I wanted to relocate to OR from across the US, I would first need a cheap place to get established, I am interested in the Portland, Eugene, or Ashland areas, I only have about $425 maximum for rent that I could do, I can do a studio, or 1 bd. More interested in Portland, then Eugene, then Ashland in that order........Have never been there, Is it reasonable for me to find a place like that, if not I will have to check into another area of the Pacific NW, or even somewhere east......Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2006, 10:50 AM

331 posts, read 1,850,941 times
Hi Putty:

You are going to need to Google newspapers classified rental section to see what $450 will get you. You can cross Ashland off your list. I'm sure you could find something in Portland but you may not want to live in that area of town. Also, smaller surrounding cities are likely to charge less. If rents follow house prices Texas should have some pretty nice digs for $450 a month. There is a Texas Forum so you might want to inquire over there. Lastly, mobile homes housing usually runs less than apartments and can be quite comfortable.

Dan

Old 11-21-2006, 12:43 PM

346 posts, read 2,141,044 times
I definitely think you can find studios and one bedrooms in Portland for $425. I have! Some even include all your utilities and even cable which I was pleasantly suprised by. Try also craigslist.com.

Old 11-26-2006, 06:57 AM

257 posts, read 1,081,206 times
Default Great

I love that I could find a studio for $425 I can handle that.......So, what am I looking at in the rental search........I don't know the area at all. Actually I haven't made my way out there yet. But, I would like to see what is available to me so I will have a better idea in my head if I want to go this direction. I will need zipcodes to narrow my search down on the rental sites.
I would love to be near downtown, or the parks and bike trails, since I am a bicyclist.
I can't get any ideas on westside, vs northside this is what the rental sites say.....LOL

You have all been to helpful
Thank You

Old 11-29-2006, 01:37 PM

346 posts, read 2,141,044 times
Putty - there is a website "www.roommates.com" that is extremely cool for finding roommates who need someone to move in with them. The prices for Portland (I checked for you) range from about 200 dollars a month on up. You should definitely check that out. I got a really cool roommate off that site back when I was looking and I'm thinking that might be the way to go for you as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon